Chapter 11

2 DAYS LATER

MAX WALMER

Sybil’s brother has been missing for 2 days now without any luck, my biggest bet is that Joy and Nala have him but Sybil would feel him if he was hurt somewhere and sadly Joy’s father is of no use, he says he’s been blocked out from seeing anything that happens or Joy does so I’m stuck trying to find answers alone. It's like she’s disappeared off the surface of the earth and there’s no way to find her. It's draining and frustrating having to do this alone and I can't even reach out to the regent of the witches because that’s a dead end, she’s as clueless as they come.

A knock comes through and I walk over to the door and open to find my little brother, he and I share a father but I’m the estranged son that the wife couldn’t welcome into the home and so I was raised by my mother and her husband.

“Ethan, what are you doing here?” I ask him, my little brother is a doppelganger and he doesn’t know it. I think part of the reason his parents rather keep him away from me is because of my nature and them not wanting him to be part of this life and I respect that at all costs because he doesn’t know the real me.

“Aren’t you going to let me in?” he asks and I nod and stand aside and let him in. “My girlfriend is avoiding me” he says and then he turns to me looking frustrated. I have never seen the kind of love he has for Sybil anywhere. They are destined for each other and I don’t think they know it, for them it's probably a normal cute high school romance but it's deeper than that. They were made for each other, I just hope Ethan is strong enough in spirit to deal with everything because they will face a number of challenges along the way. I mean a Doppelganger and a Tribrid, that’s a huge combination, a dangerous one to add.

“You talking to the wrong person little brother, I know nothing about relationships” I admit and he chuckles.

“Yeah I should have just went to dad but you know how he is, he wants me focused on sports” he says and I chuckle.

“Yeah well, girlfriend problems won't get you that scholarship” I remind him and he squints his eyes at me and then he turns on his heels and walks to the lounge.

“Either way, if I’m not focused then I might as well kiss the scholarship goodbye. I just wish she could tell me what's going on with her that way I know to step back and let her handle whatever it is she needs to handle without me in the way” 

.

.

JOY LIERIA

"Just one last piece and then we have eveything for the spell" Nala says walking into the room. I've managed to link them all together so if anything happens to any of them it happens to all of them. The magic I'm practicing is dark and its consuming but I couldn't ask for anything better. My anger fuels my magic and it's made me stronger than I ever imagined I'd be. I'm happy with the turn of events. I'm grateful to have met Nala.

"What else do we need?" I ask looking at the supernatural beings laying on the floor desecrating slowly.

"We need a human being" Nala says and I nod.

“Well we don’t even have to go far, just walk outside and find someone” I say proudly reading through the grimoire and she doesn’t argue and heads on out to find us a human for the spell. 

This spell is meant to undo whatever my ancestors did all those years ago and reverse whatever curse was placed on our coven. Because it was such a great spell, we need all these great supernatural beings in order to complete the spell and get back our magic that was meant for us and to free our ancestors from the dark so that we are able to tap into their magic and have them back us up and guide us along the way.

There’s one thing that Nala does not know, is that she is also meant to be part of the spell that I’m going to perform. There's always collateral damage along the way for a greater good. People need to die, people need to be sacrificed in order to achieve the end game. One day she will thank me once our coven is free.

I know that she spiked my tea to bring out this nature, this side of me but what she didn’t know about the spell she made or rather the person she has been in communication with is that whilst she sleeps or is busy the person made contact with me and showed me everything and this is the only way to punish her. I know she was only trying to use me in order to become regent but that won't happen. She was never going to do this to free our coven but to keep them locked up while she becomes regent and probably dispose of me after. It's amazing what you can learn in a few hours with the right company.

She walks in with a woman and then she offers to make us tea, whilst she is out I walk over to the woman and caress her cheek and then chant a little spell to make her pass out and then I link her to the other supernatural beings and then I tip toe to the kitchen to find Nala and then I whisper the spell that knocks her out and then I drag her to the room where the other beings are and place her with the rest and draw the magical drawing on her forehead while chanting to link her with the others. I have everything I need for my spell. Because I’m inexperienced and haven’t been practising for long I need to anchor myself to something or someone powerful and that’s where Max Walmer comes into play. I need to convince him that I’m good and I’m back, he is going to be my husband after all, he probably has some kind of soft spot for me but getting to him won't be easy unless I get Sybil out of the way.

“Think Joy…”

.

.

SYBIL ADAMS

“You don’t think Joy and Nala have him?” Nellie says after countless locator spells with no luck.

“If they do have him they better pray to whatever God they serve that they bring him back in one peace or else they will feel my wrath!” I say angrily and Nellie places her hand on my shoulder and something blows her straight to the wall and she hits it with her back, I turn instantly and rush over to her and she raises her hand stopping me.

“Nellie I’m sorry, I don’t know what happened” I admit worriedly kneeling down and she shakes her head.

“Sybil you’re a Tribrid, a violent one at it. An angry and sad you is not safe to be around” She says helping herself stand up.

“Nellie I am sorry, I didn’t mean for that to happen I swear” I say and she shakes her head limping and unable to stand straight.

“You need to take a breath, you need to breathe and get out. Call Ethan and go out, just do anything that will clear your head. You of no use to Ntando without a clear mind!”

.

.

To Be Continued

BreatheOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara