Chapter 14

MAX WALMER 

When I wake up I am still locked up in this cold basement with the rest of the supernatural beings. I see Sibu’s mother fixing herself and then she turns to us.

“You’re finally awake, I was beginning to get bored” She says and I hold my head that feels really heavy.

“how are you out? Where’s Joy? I ask her.

“She’s not whoever you think she is” Faith says and I turn to Faith earning a conniving laugh from Sibu’s mother Monalisa.

“Joy did some spell to supress her spirit so that someone else could jump into her body” Faith explains and I frown confused still. How is Joy even able to perform such a complex spell?

“Who are you?” I ask whoever is inside of Mona’s body.

“I am Lindelwa Adams, I’m sure you’ve heard of me” Mona says and I gasp in shock.

“It can't be. You are dead” I say and she smiles and walks closer to us.

“I was supposed to but there’s always loopholes where magic is concerned. You of all people should know that by now, they thought they were banishing me to the land of the dead but in my life on earth I always made friends with the right people” she says and then she turns on her heels “You see when they did their little spells 15 years ago thinking they were getting rid of me, they sent my spirit to the right place and here I am today. Don’t worry when I’m done I’ll be gone” she says and then turns around with a smirk.

“What do you want?” I ask her and she pretends to think and then she smiles.

“it should be obvious by now, to restore the balance in nature” she says and then she walks to the door. “It was nice meeting you Max”

Joy needs to be stopped but in order for her to be stopped someone has to die, a sacrifice has to be made. This evil that consumes her needs to be moved into another vessel else her power will kill her. I can't even help out because she has us locked up with a boundary spell.

“We need to find a way out of here”

.

.

SYBIL ADAMS

I walk inside the house and I hear laughter and make my way into the lounge and I find my whole family with Ntando and Mona. I rush over to hug my brother tightly.

“How are you here?” I ask him pulling him away from me and holding him at arms length.

“It was Sibu’s mom. She manged to overpower Joy and she found me” Ntando says and I frown confused but walk over to greet Mona anyway and she hugs me coldly. I step back from her feel this very cold chill.

“Are you ok?” she asks and I nod and when suddenly things become blurry and I stumble back.

“Sybil are you ok?” is the last I hear before I pass out.

“You need to fight Sybil, you need to get back to your family. The devil is inside your home” MaSibeko says.

“What happened?” I ask her.