Chapter 7 - Caroline and Stefan

"Hey! That's cheating!" Elena says to Damon who just moved his game piece 5 more places up.
"You need to learn to count Damon!" Elena jokes and pokes him.
"Your turn Caroline!"
Caroline picks a card and moves 4 places.
"I'm getting bored with this game." Caroline says and leans back on the floor.
"Yeah I am too." Elena throws her game piece into the box and stands up.
"How about we go to the swimming hole?"
Caroline and Damon agree.
"Can I borrow a swim suit of yours Elena? I don't feel like driving to my house."
"Sure! You can pick one. Damon we will meet you down stairs after we change." Elena kisses him and pushes him out of the room.
"You guys are the cutest. I wish Tyler and I were like that. But he's being a jerk."
"Tyler's always been a jerk."
"Yeah well..I think I'm going to call it quits with him, Elena."
"Caroline, I'm sorry. Do what makes you happy, okay? You do deserve someone much better."
"There isn't another Damon walking around is there?"
Elena and Caroline laugh.
"No just mine!"
They finish getting ready and meet Damon down stairs.
"Hey ladies. I invited Stefan to come with us."
"Okay! Let me grab some water and we can leave." Elena walks off into the kitchen and returns with water bottles and a few snacks.

They arrive to the water hole and Damon is the first out of the car and races off into the water.
"Come on in, it's not cold!"
Elena heads off to the rope swing and jumps in.
"Woo hoo!"
Caroline sits out a blanket and sits down.
"Caroline you better come in!" Elena splashes water towards her.
"I'll wait for a minute. I'm going to call Tyler."
"Why is she calling Tyler?" Damon looks at Elena.
"She said she wants to end things with him. I agree. Tyler has been a jerk lately to her."
Damon swims towards her and picks her up into his arms.
"That's why she needs a man, not a boy." He spins around and then kisses Elena.
"We need to find her someone." Elena says.
Damon pretends to trip over a rock and dunks Elena under the water. Elena comes back up and splashes water into Damon's face.
"Don't be a jerk, Damon." Elena winks and swims back over to him.

Stefan arrives and joins them in the water.
"Stefan, you should go get Caroline to come get in too."
"I would but I think she just broke up with Tyler. When I sat my stuff down I over heard her talking to him."
Elena looks over at Caroline who is sitting with her back turned.
"I'll be right back." Elena walks out of the water and over to Caroline.
"Care?"
Caroline looks up and smiles but Elena can tell she's been crying.
"I did it Elena, I broke up with him. He didn't even say anything. He was just like okay. And hung up."
Elena puts her arm around Caroline.
"Here, come on!" Elena stands and pulls Caroline up with her.
"I don't want you to be sad so you're coming in the water and are going to have a good time with us."
They head down to the water and join Damon and Stefan.
"Let's play chicken!" Stefan yells out.
Elena gets on Damon's neck and Caroline gets onto stefan's.
"We're going to win, brother." Damon says as he gets a tighter grip of Elena.
"No I am!" Caroline screams down at him.
Elena and Caroline wrestle and finally Caroline pushes Elena off into the water.
"I told you so!" Caroline claps her hands and throws herself off into the water.
"Well well, blondie." Damon jokes with her.
Stefan and Caroline swim over to a rock and start talking. Elena and Damon head over to the blanket and sit down.
"Are you having fun?" Damon asks Elena.
"Of course! It's such a nice day out. We should do this more often."
Damon takes Elena's hand and helps stand her up.
"Come with me." He says and they walk into the woods.
"Where are we going?" Elena follows him, not letting go of his hand.
"To this tree over here."
He sits her down and pulls out a pocket knife.
"I want us to write are initials into the tree." Elena looks at him and agrees.
D&E Damon carved into the tree. He sits down on a rock when he's done. Elena sits down beside him and lays her head on his shoulder.
"I love you." She says
"I love you too, sunshine."

Elena and Damon head back over to Stefan and Caroline. They hear them laughing when they get closer. Elena turns to Damon.
"Oh my god Damon!"
Damon looks at her
"What? Did you step on something?"
"No. What if we try and set Caroline and Stefan up?" Damon looks at her with a confused face.
"I mean, it's crazy but Caroline has always liked Stefan."
"Are you sure, Elena?"
"Yeah, it won't bother me. What do you say?"
"I'm up to it if you are!" Damon says and kisses her cheek.
"We can invite them on a double date, but I can pretend to get sick and we can leave early." Elena says
"Tonight?"
"Tonight."
They both agree.
Damon walks over to the water and tells Stefan and Caroline that they are going to head out but to meet them at the mystic grill for dinner around 7:00.