Chapter 17 - Ski Fail

Elena and Damon are headed to the ski resort for spring break. Elena questioning if they should have gone somewhere warmer as they walk out of the airport and to the car.
"Damon, you better keep me warm on this trip." Elena puts her arm around his.
"I will, lots of hot cocoa and sitting by a fire. We just won't leave the room." Damon laughs and opens the car door for Elena.
"I'm glad they start the car before we get to it!" Elena rubs her hands together.
"We should be at the resort in five minutes." Damon pulls out of the garage.

When they arrive to the resort they get their bags and walk in to check in.
"Will you be staying in our honey-moon room?" The lady at the desk ask.
"No, not this time." Damon and Elena start to laugh.

"Wow, what a view." Elena says as they enter the room. She walks over to the big window.
"Look how beautiful Damon!"
"I know, you are the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on." He walks over to Elena and picks her up.
"Not what I meant, Damon." Elena gives him a kiss. Damon walks over to the bed and lays down on Elena. She puts her hands on his face and they keep kissing.
"Elena, I love you." Damon says and starts kissing her neck. Elena pulls Damon's shirt off and throws it on the floor. He slides her pants off and she un does his belt and he kicks his pants off. Damon kisses down Elena's stomach and into her thighs.
Elena lets out a quiet moan. She runs her hands down to his shoulders and pulls him back up to her mouth. Elena kisses his collar bones and runs her hands down his back.
"Damon..." She moans out.
Damon flips her over so she is on top of him. Elena pulls the blankets over them.

"Damon you are so beautiful." Elena says looking into his eyes.
"So you say." He taps his finger on her nose. Elena smiles at him.
"Well, now that we spent 2 hours in the bed, it's to late to go ski." Damon pulls Elena into his chest.
"We could order room service and find a movie to watch." Elena suggests.
"Fine with me." Damon reaches over for the phone, but not letting go of Elena with his other arm. Elena runs her fingers up his chest.

Damon orders their dinner and throws Elena one of his t-shirts to put on.
"Let's go lay by the fire." Elena pulls him up and they walk to the fire place.
"I got my prom dress on Wednesday with bonnie and Caroline. I made them help me choose." Elena sits down in Damon lap. He put his arms around her waist.
"I can't wait to see it. I bet it's stunning, like you." He kisses her back.
"I don't even want to go to prom. I say we take pictures and ditch it."
"But you have to go to prom, it's your senior year, Elena." Damon says to her.
"I know. If I go, after it's over, you and I leave for a weekend get away. Deal?" Elena grabs Damon's hand.
"Deal." He kisses her.

The next morning Damon and Elena get dressed and head out to the slopes.
"I bet I'll beat you down." Damon says to Elena.
"Yeah but you can't use your super vampire speed to beat me." Elena whispers to him.
"Damn. Okay then. Winner gets hot cocoa and a bunch of kisses." He says to her.
"And loser gets nothing."

"Ready?" Elena says to damon. "Ready!" He says back. They take off down the slope. Damon is in front of her. He looks back at her and loses his balance and falls. Elena runs right into him. Falling over him.
"Damon!" Elena screams out. "Elena, are you okay?" Damon sits up and crawls over to Elena.
"My wrist. It hurts. I can't feel anything Damon." Elena holds her wrist into her chest. Damon stands up and helps Elena to her feet. "Come on, I'll get you to the clinic at the resort."

"Well it seems you have broken your wrist, ma'am." The doctor looks at the X-ray of Elena's wrist. "No more skiing for me then." Elena looks over at Damon. "I'll be back to put the cast on in a few minutes. Try not to move it until I return." The doctor smiles and leaves the room.
"If you were a vampire you wouldn't have to sit in this room." Damon jokes and kisses her. "Not funny Damon. What are we going to do now that I can't ski?" Damon puts his arm around her waist. "Well I guess now we have an actual reason not to leave the room." They both laugh. "We could stay a few more days if you want and leave early?" Damon asks Elena.
"That sounds fine to me." Elena smiles and leans into kiss him. "I love you." Damon says.