Chapter 8 - Double Date

Elena brushes her hair and notices Damon starring at her from the mirror. She turns around and smiles.
"What?"
"You're just to beautiful not to stare at." Damon says pulling Elena in for a kiss.
Elena keeps kissing him and Damon starts to slide her shirt off, Elena stops him.
"Not now, we have to meet them soon, remember?" She kisses his head and fixes her shirt.

"I don't see Stefan's car yet. We can go get a table though and wait."
Damon goes around the car and opens the door for Elena. They walk hand in hand to the grill. They sit down at a table.
"Can I get you guys something to drink?"
"Hey Matt, I'll take a water."
"Can I get a bottle of bourbon?" Damon jokes to Matt. "Nah, I'll take a water too."
Matt walks off to get their drinks. Caroline and Stefan walk in soon after and find Damon and Elena.
"Hey guys! You made it!"
"Yeah we would've been here sooner but Caroline didn't know what to wear."
"Did too but it looks like it's going to rain so I had to change." Caroline hits Stefan's side with her elbow.
"Did you guys have fun at the swimming hole?"
"We did. We talked for about another hour after you guys left."

Caroline, Damon, Elena, and Stefan all talk for awhile. Elena brings things up about Caroline to Stefan, and Damon brings things up about Stefan to Caroline.

"Elena, are you feeling okay?" Caroline asks reaching to feel Elena's head.
"Yeah, actually I'm kind of feeling light headed."
"Do you want me to get you home?" Damon asks knowing she is faking it.
"Could you? I think I need to lay down." Elena stands up
"I'm sorry guys, I don't want to bail."
"No no it's fine! Go home and rest. Damon take care of her."
"Will do, brother."
Damon takes Elena's hand and they leave the grill.

"They totally set this up Stefan." Caroline says laughing and looking at Stefan. Stefan shakes his head but smiles at her.
"I guess it's just you and I now."
"Yeah." Caroline smiles at him.

"Nice faking it." Damon jokes to elena.
"Think they bought it?"
"I doubt it but whatever." Elena laughs.
"Let's go walk for a minute." Damon takes Elena by the hand and they walk towards the town square. There's thunder in the distance and the wind starts to pick up a little.
"Aunt Jenna is going to take Caroline and I to Whitmore next week."
"Good! Are you excited?"
"Yeah. I looked into their writing program."
"You can write about me, the wonderful boyfriend." Damon laughs and spins Elena into his arms. Seconds later it starts pouring down rain.
"Oh my gosh, we need to find somewhere dry." Elena says starring up at the sky.
"No, wait." Damon says and starts to kiss Elena. They keep kissing. Forgetting about the rain. Forgetting they are soaked.