2. Red dress and Whisky

you woke up to the sound of your door being aggressively knocked multiple times. 

"can't even let a girl sleep in peace" you grumbled and got out of the bed and opened the door, seeing your brother jump back in terror after taking a look at you 

you looked at him confused "what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to be in Seoul?" you yawned and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes and then you remembered you were the one who came back to Seoul. 

"Did you get drunk on the first day of your return? you look like a mess" your brother clicked his tongue and moved you out of the way sitting in one of the chairs. "hurry and wash up, mom's waiting downstairs for breakfast"

"are you really telling me to eat food in the morning? no thanks. I'm going back to sleep" you hopped back into the bed getting yourself comfortable. 

"Yah! Hwang Haru! get up. you come back home and didn't even make an effort to meet me. I'm very disappointed in you" Your brother nagged at you pulling the sheets off of you making you cold. 

giving in, you unenthusiastically got up and did as your brother said, getting ready for a 'family' breakfast. 

you ate in silence as your mother kept babying your older brother focusing all her attention towards him. all she asked you was about your trip and that was it. 

you were going to throw up at the sickly sweet act of motherly love in front of you. rolling your eyes you just looked the other way. and focused on finishing your food as quickly as you could. 

you didn't hate your brother, he was fine. you had nothing really against him but the obvious favoritism towards him made you hate him a little, that was no fault of his but you just couldn't help it. 

with nothing to lose you brought up the topic you had been wanting to tell your family about for ages. "I want to open my own company and clothing brand" you threw the statement onto the table waiting for their reaction. 

there were two kinds of expressions which you did expect to see, your brother's surprise and your mother's shock. 

"No" your mom plainly said getting back to her food "what do you know about running a business?" 

"What do I know? I studied how to run one for the last six years! I know more than Minseong for the matter. I know I can do it" you straightened it out, offended at the comment 

"But you don't want to work for ShinKwang?" you mother retorted

"You wouldn't let me" you answered knowing full well your mother did not want to let you work at the company, afraid you would surpass your brother. 

...

you wore a simple red dress and got ready.

you needed a drink today and decided to text Jun Woo, inviting him to the bar. you owed him one anyway, confident that he would accept the invitation without any hesitation 

but to your dismay, he texted back saying that he had to help his senior move out. 

"Is he a personal assistant or what? why would he help his senior move out." you grumbled. today was just not your day. 

mad at everything around you, you decided to go alone. who cared about stupid Jun Woo anyway, all you needed was yourself. 

and that would be a lie. you needed his company and comfort but you managed to handle it alone since the time he finished his studies and moved back to Seoul while you were stuck back in New York.