9. Trap

"then do just as I say okay?"  

you felt chills when you heard those words with unexplainable fear spreading through you and the temperature going down from the chilly rain, you laughed nervously 
"what do you mean? what's that all of a sudden."

"nothing really, if there ever rises a situation when I ask you for something, promise me that you'll do it" 

"okay" you agreed to his request nervously

checking the time in your phone, you turned to your friend, "It's late. I should go." 

"it's still raining. I'll drop you off?" Jun Woo offered, you looked through the window and assessed the rain, it was raining cats and dogs. it would be better to just take up on his offer to drive you home. 

"sure" you nodded. wearing your coat and pulling your handbag over your shoulder as Jun Woo grabbed his own coat and car keys. 

...

"Haru!" You heard your name being and jumped back into reality from zoning out.

"where has your mind been?" Min Seong asked you worriedly

"nowhere. absolutely nowhere" you answered him, "sorry. I'm ready"

Min Seong took that as a sign and asked the fellow subordinates to start the monthly briefing. you gave all your attention during the meeting and pointing and pulling some little details asking for them to explain those along with discussing how to resolve some complaints and performances of branches and departments. Min Seong was impressed, you were almost qualified enough to take up his position. 

after the briefing ended you went to your office, it had been a long day and all the time you spent were in the meeting and in Min Seong's office, discussing other things with him. 

you hung up your blazer in the little closet hidden in the room and grabbed a water bottle, sitting down in your chair, chugging the water. 
flipping your heels off your feet you stretched, relaxing for a moment until you heard the phone on your desk ring and you groaned. 

"yes?" you answered with a more pleasant and neutral tone in order to not let the caller feel bad. 

"good evening ma'am, this is the reception desk, there is someone who wishes to visit you, he said his name is Jang Jun Woo, a friend of yours?"

you were thankful it was just your friend, if it was someone else you would have to go back to the vice-president, you were tired of today. and also happy to hear his name, it's been a few days and you haven't really spoken to him, you got busy the moment you got officially positioned on Monday. 

instantly telling the receptionist to let your friend in, you smiled excitedly. waiting for a few minutes, you heard the door knock and gave them permission to enter, your friend entering as he held the straps of his backpack and you smiled at the person who escorted him in politely and he took his leave, leaving the two of you alone. 

once the door closed behind him, you squealed out his name loud enough not be heard from the other side of the door and him doing the same with your name.  

Jun Woo asked you for some water and you got up from your desk, heading to the mini refrigerator with your back turned to him. he quietly locked the door behind him while you grabbed a bottle for him and handed it to him as he sat down in one of the chairs. 

you walked back to your desk barefoot and leaned against it while you faced him. your palms resting on the surface to support rest of your body.
"so how has that lawsuit with Babel go?" you asked remembering his schedule from about two days ago.