10. Accelerator

You weren't able to think much after what happened.

How could you? It was as if your whole life got crushed and thrown into a bin like a piece of paper.

You looked at your hands resting on the steering wheel, red was starting to color your wrists and will turn darker as time passes.

Sighing, you closed your eyes and laid back into your seat. you were exhausted and drained out but you had to go on, garbing your things from the seat next to you, you got out of the car and into your house making a beeline towards your room and quickly getting into the shower.

the warm running water was exactly what you needed, it was comforting and warm like a hug. you stayed in there for a while until the water started to get cold. 

wearing your pajamas with longer sleeves you looked in the mirror. why did that happen? what possessed over him to hurt you? why does he care so much about that company? did you do something to cause him to get mad? why? why did he turn like this. why.

countless questions were starting to crowd your mind but you dismissed them and climbed into your bed, you didn't have the heart to eat anything. you check your phone, it was one o' clock, past midnight. usually you would text your best friend until you fell asleep but today you couldn't.

keeping your phone away you turned around, tightly wrapping yourself up in the sheets as you curled up in a ball with your body close to you. 

you did not know when you fell asleep but you did, it was an empty one, one that did not consist of any dreams nor did you felt like you slept, all you remember was waking up in cold sweat. 

turning on the tap in the shower you noticed again, those wretched bruises on your wrists. it was going to be such a hassle to cover up until they disappear. fortunately or unfortunately the seasons were getting colder, it would be an advantage.

you carried on with your day, getting ready, going to work and doing the daily routine as usual but the images and thoughts of yesterday kept running in your head and the more it ran, the more angry you got. 

you pressed a button on the handset on the desk in front of you and asked your secretary to come in.

"yes ma'am?" your secretary bowed when he entered, asking for the reason he was summoned.

"what is left on my schedule today?" you asked with sharp eyes and tone. 

"there are no meetings today and only documents needed to be go through by you." 

"good. send them to my house and also mail them to me, I will be leaving for the day." you gave quick orders and got up grabbing your bag and blazer. 

"call me if there is any emergency" you told the confused man as you walked past him, exiting the room and leaving him alone in the room before he could answer you. 

...   

you entered the damn building, you didn't care anymore. 

going up to the reception table you asked for the directions of a particular room and were given so immediately. the poor girls just thought you were a client, they didn't suspect anything, how could they? you acted so pleasantly.

but the moment you turned around the corner in the hallway where the room located, you clenched your jaws and the grip on your handbag got tighter. all you saw was red. blood was coursing through your entire body, raising your temperature. 

barging in through the door forcefully, you walked up to his table. him sitting up in his seat the moment he saw you, his relaxed form getting tense.