5. Best Friend

"Here you go!" Min Seong handed you a folder that contained copies of the financial statements, records and other information you needed to prepare for being the vice president.

You thanked him and took a quick look at the papers before you placed the folder inside your handbag. you still had a week until you were officially positioned but you wanted to do your homework beforehand. 

"you're so diligent about everything. you're excited aren't you?" your older brother chuckled watching you. 

"of course I am, I want to show that I got this position because I'm worthy not just because of my family" you said "so see you at home then?" 

"yeah yeah. get out now, I've got a lot of work" your brother shooed you out jokingly.

"Yes sir" you played along with his jokes and bid the last fare well before you got out of his office 

as if on cue, you got a call with the caller ID being 'Jang Jason'. you smiled and picked it up 

"what's up" you said, the usual greeting between you two, pressing the elevator button.

"nothing much, are you at the company?" Jun Woo asked from the other side of the line and you replied with a yes and asked if he was nearby.

"yeah I just ate jjampong with my senior and her colleague. can you pick me up? I'll text you the location" he requested and you could feel a bit of stress in his voice although he spoke normally. 

"jjampong? why would you eat that? you can't handle too much spicy food, why don't you ever learn?" your brows narrowed in worry, scolding him as you got in the elevator and started looking for your keys, feeling the rush "just wait I'll come over as quickly as I can" and hung up the phone.

you rushed to your car and drove to the restaurant, stopping right in front of your friend when you spotted him. Calling his name out and telling him to get in

"ahhh you idiot. why would you eat that? I bet you wanted to show off, didn't you?" you asked rhetorical questions, stepping on the pedal. 

"is that anyway to talk to your senior and a person older to you?" he sat up straight crossing his arms and facing you, trying to show superiority, playfully and not at all actually serious about it.

"really? want me to call you sunbae or oppa then?" you tried teasing him but it backfired when you instantly cringed at yourself. 

Jun Woo just sadistically laughed watching your misery and self-sabotage 

"whatever! open the glovebox. there's some candy in there" you tried to change the topic before he got on your nerves, pulling up at the side of the road

"Oh?" he exclaimed as he held a packet of gummy bears and a small gift wrapped box noticing his name written on it. "what's this?"

"a congratulatory gift. you made it! you're officially a partner!" you excitedly giggled in joy clapping your hands like a kid, seeming more excited then the person wo got promoted instead. 
"open it!"

Jun Woo's face brightened up when he saw the contents of the box, picking up the shiny metal watch 

"it's limited edition. I thought it'd suit you when I saw it, do you like it?" you asked nervously, even tough you knew he liked watches, you can't expect him to like any watch. people are more picky about things they like. 

"Of course I do! and this is why I love you so much" he leaned towards you, pulling you into a quick hug

you widened your eyes, not expecting it. this wasn't the first time you two hugged but it felt different, it felt both comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time. 

he pulled out and focused on the watch, absorbing all the details and fastening it around his wrist. 

turning towards you he put his hand up by his face, showing it to you with a bright smile. 

'so cute' you thought for a second and nodded in satisfaction and bragged a bit about yourself, "Yep! it looks good. I have such a good eye" 

Jun Woo rolled his eyes at you and laughed motioning for you to start the car and drop him off. 

and you did just that 

"thanks for everything, bye" he waved at you, getting out of the car. heading to his house but turned back, catching your attention when you started the engine. 

"Haru! let's go to a movie this Sunday?" he proposed the idea and you agreed making an okay sign with a smile before driving off to your own house. 

you missed going out with him, you guys often went to cinemas and long drives when you had the chance but you were getting busy because of life now, you still felt lucky that you two could make time to meet each other multiple times a week, but you were going to become more busy after you start working. the thought made you a little sad but there was nothing you could do about it, you can't stay as kids forever. 

...

you climbed into the bed after doing your nightly routine and sung up under the covers and hugging your pillows.

you closed your eyes getting ready to sleep and the image of your best friend glowing with a smile from earlier seeped it's way to your vision. 

you smiled as you thought about him, he's adorable. 

you furrowed your brows a little when you realized what you were thinking and opened your eyes, shifting the covers and adjusting as you turned over to the other side. 

you started to worry about yourself. 

you weren't remembering the goofy and funny things like you usually did before bed but something else. 

you wouldn't have minded if it was someone else but it was because you were thinking of your best friend in that way that it bothered you. 

you scolded yourself and strictly told yourself that he's only a friend. and checked your phone to see if your period was around the corner that's making you think the guy you're close with attractive. 

too tired to use your mind too much, you put the phone down and turned off the lights, going deep into the slumber. 

you were only afraid that your old secret crush on him when you first met him may resurface. it should not. it was going to be nothing but painful, and you felt just fine as friends, it was comfortable to have someone to rely on but you wouldn't have that if you start pushing him away because your old feelings did resurface, 

you won't let that happen. 

...

[A/N: I hate these as much as you do but I just wanted to thank everyone who's reading this for the support, this is such a cliché I know but thank you so much. I thought a lot about this chapter honestly, it was originally going to be different but I decided to go a little slower and have few more Jun Woo episodes before.... you know, shit goes down? anyway sorry about being slower at updating now unlike before but I'm putting more thought into it to make better chapters so that you can enjoy it. Thank you once again. love ya! I hope you beauties have a wonderful week]