7. Movie date

you checked your hair and outfit for the last time before you headed into the cinema hall and called Jun Woo of his whereabouts. 

"Yeah I'm here at the cinemas, where are you?" you turned around looking for him before someone jumped in front of you startling you, once you collected yourself, you looked at the person in front of you. 

"right here" Jun Woo smiled looking right into your eyes and waving his phone letting out a little laugh. his face way too close for comfort making you take a step back. 

"you scared me!" you scowled at him and hit his arm without any strength. and he chuckled at how cute you were. 

"so what movie are we watching?" you asked him, since he was the one who invited you, he was also the one who chose the movie. 

flashing the tickets excitedly, he showed them to you "Friday the 13th. a classic"

"but it's only 10 A.M.?" you looked at your watch confused, a horror movie in the morning? that was an unusual choice but you didn't mind it. 

"it doesn't matter once you're inside, the lights go out, time doesn't matter. it's all the same" Jun Woo replied as if it was not a big deal and made complete perfect sense. it did convince you, it would be freezing cold and dark in there anyway no matter the time.

"alright but the food is on me today!" you insisted, heading to the snack bar buying your usual favorites, a tub of popcorn and a coke for each of you.

instead of waiting until the two of you got in and for the movie to start, Jun Woo was already munching on the popcorn. you gently slapped his hand to stop him from taking anymore, "don't cry in the middle of the movie when there is no popcorn left. you always do this"

Jun Woo just pouted in response, being used to his antics and unable to stay mad at him, you fed a popcorn to him saying it was the last one for the time being.

the two of you sat down in your seats and the lights dimmed out, playing the movie. 

once it got colder, you could sense your friend huddled up deeper into his seat, noticing that, you took out a shawl out of your bag and wrapped it around the two of you, telling him to get closer. 

"Of course. you're always prepared Haru" Jun Woo looked at you impressed. 

"I know, I'm the best" you playfully blew at your fingernails and polished them against your shirt. 

the two of you laughed and went back to watching the movie. Jun Woo found the scenes where the victims were tortured and killed funny and laughed at them, that made you feel less scared about it. it wasn't like you were scared of horror movies, you didn't really react much to it but then again there was a small lining of fear inside you which was natural and only made you human.

although what made you a little scared today was not the gruesome parts in the movie but the person sitting next to you finding it amusing, if one didn't know what he was watching, they'd assume he was just watching a comedy. 

Jun Woo had always been like that, it didn't bother you much except for sometimes during the serious parts, when the tension would be building up he'd scare you as a prank sometimes, making you jump in your seat and almost cursing at him. 

 as the movie was ending and the credits were rolled, the two of you still sat there, finishing the snacks and drinks.

"he reminds me of you" you said popping a popcorn into your mouth. 

Jun Woo looked at you in question. 

"Jason" you spoke up, explaining your comment, "He wears an ice hockey mask, you like playing ice hockey. you share the same name too! it's funny. those aren't the only reasons... but somehow there is this vibe. I can't really explain it, it's kind of sad"