Chapter 8 - H : Dreams

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental or only for recreational purpose.

—————————————————————————

Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
********

H

Hazza...Hazza Baby!

I hear him calling my name, or to be precise his sweet version of it. I know I am imagining it but I humor myself and let the thought of him take its natural course. He is lightly tapping on my shoulders. I fight the drowsiness and open my eyes.

"Here have this" he urges.

I sit up on the bed and pop the pill his holding out, then I gulp the whole glass of water he gives me. He strokes my hair and makes me lay down on the bed, closing my eyes with his warm gentle hands.

"Sleep baby" he murmurs softly.

I know I am conjuring up all of it but it feels so real, even with my eyes closed, I could feel him, his warmth, sitting beside my bed, stroking my arms, encouraging me to sleep so I could feel better.

It's amazing how I know him so well that even after so much time apart I can minutely imagine all the details - his feel, his touch, his presence as if he was right there. But I don't open my eyes to stare at him though I want to, because he wants me to sleep. So I behave like a good boy and drift back to unconsciousness and a dreamless land of no Z.

Even in dreams he gives me life.

When I open my eyes I feel better, rested, my body isn't aching anymore, I am ready for a new day after my sweet fantasy and the strong thought to put the darkness behind me.

When the sweet morning fogginess drifts away from my brain and I am fully awake, I notice a flower on my bedside table. It's the yellow flower from our backyard tree. A gift from Z.

Magnolia Champaca Golden!!!

It has a strong aroma – smooth, rich and penetrating. Its Asian. In some parts of world, it's also referred to as the tree lotus in the local language. Z got a tiny plant long time back after one of his mandatory 2-week summer holiday trip to his grandparents' house, on the foot of Himalayas.

After we came to know each other, when he went away for the first time in the summer, I missed him a lot and cried myself to sleep a few times, it was a little childish and I was a grown up boy already in elementary school but I couldn't help it even though I knew he would be back in 2 weeks.

I would look at the main door expecting him to knock every day.

When he came back and got to know about my behavior, he promised he will bring me gifts and we can eat delicious food and play with unique toys. So when he went a year after that, I didn't cry but patiently waited for him to come back.

Also on Mom's suggestion, I wrote him a letter every day, just few lines about my day and things I wanted to tell him. When he was finally back, I gave him the letters, more like my 15 small notes and he brought homemade sweets and candies that made my tongue purple, the best part was he helped his grandma in making those confectioneries so they were extra special. We use to eat the purple candies, show each other our tongues and laugh like crazy.