Chapter 11 - H : Lost and Found

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental or only for recreational purpose.

—————————————————————————

Pink Floyd,
Wish You Were Here -

We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl

********

H

Today is a very good day!

He is sitting in front of me and everything feels right.

I look at him the way enthusiastic tourist look at the sunrise in exotic locations, the happiness of capturing something so beautiful but fleeting, you never know when you will get to see the same sight again.

An ethereal smile like the bloosming petals of a flower plays of his lips, I fiddle my legs and slightly touch his shoes, his very black pair of converse, he responds back playing footsie with me.

I wouldn't be surprised if my mind conjured up band of violinists performing in the background as we sit together, I right across him on this dainty round table of this tucked in a corner of nowhere hidden garden cafe, having our a little too late for lunch, too early for dinner meal.

I am lost in his melting gold brown eyes and he gives a light kick to my shoes, we start giggling.

"have missed this, us" he murmurs softly almost to himself but I am listening.

"Yaa, me too" I smile at him and gently touch his fingers.

"Finally got your license ? Would you drive me around"

"Its a learning one at the moment and to everybody else I say I am not suppose to be having a co passenger.

I...I haven't let anybody take the front seat beside me, you are going to be the first one as I always promised."

"Really?" He perks up an eyebrow and seems genuinely surprised.

I happily nod.

Subtle Jazz music plays in the background, the place is half empty, the food primarily Mexican isn't half bad.

Its hot today and we are sitting outside but the tall canopies of trees provides some shade, the delicate scent of pink roses perfumes the air around us. The garden has rose climbers and other vines filling up the boundaries, nice place to relax away from leering eyes of the world, surrounded by adoring families and cute old people.

He has managed to take a quick shower and buy me a pair of sexy lingerie in just few minutes of break.

I feel extremely comfortable in the lacy underwear, it has a purple bow on it right at the centre. Sometimes I like feminine things like this and he is fully aware of it.

Lets not think about it.
Control!

I steal a half eaten Barbacoa taco from his plate and give him my whole Guisados one. We are almost done with our meal.

"Wanna get out of here and go for a drive" I ask hopefully, slanting my head towards the entry.

"You a mind reader Harry?" He winks at me and I try not to blush.

We fight for the check and I snatch it from his hands, give my card to the server.

We purposely bump into each other and our hands touch from time to time as we walk back to the gym where my jeep is parked.

As we reach the parking lot, I unlock my jeep using the remote in my hand.

"Sweet ride Haz" He remarks excitedly, his smooth hands caressing the hood.

Its a Grand Cherokee in true blue pearl.
"A combined gift from my Mom and Dad for the fifteenth birthday"

"They must have shelled out a fortune for this"

"Something like that, its the only thing I asked for in past few years"

I open the passenger gate for him and he hops in. I walk to the other side watching him enthusiastically inspect the interiors of the vehicle. Like a kid in a candy store.

He tucks back few of my wild lose curls behind my ears as I take my seat.

"You deserve it baby, always working so hard"
softly stroking my cheek.

"I plan to return them the money, have few ideas for some businesses" I restrain my hands on the steering wheel. I want to do so many things to him but I don't know were we stand.

I don't want to bring any of our old stuff in the conversation because as much as I need to talk about it I don't wanna ruin the mood. I just got him back or to be rather precise still in the process of it, can't afford to mess it up.

"Where do you find the time baby? With football practices, workouts, your daily runs, part time job at the bakery, the band gigs with Niall, finding advertisers for Freedom - our school magazine"

"Wow Zee! You know my complete schedule"

"I sound like a stalker, don't I?" He sheepishly looks down as if admitting guilt for a crime, scratching the back of his head.

"No! Never babe. Its shows you care" I reach out for this other hand on his lap and give it a squeeze, trying to reassure him. He turns towards me, holding my hand.

"I do, always, even if I don't express it"

The air between us becomes thick. He presses his hands on my cheeks, I staring at him.

I look at his dark pink lips as he licks it. I involuntarily lick mine as well.

"We should get going" he hauntingly reminds me after taking a deep breath, withdrawing his hands. I feel the loss of his warm hands and compose myself.

I put his seat belt, followed by mine and off we go.

********
Vote | Comment
Appreciate your feedback !!!