Chapter 14 - H : Make a Wish !

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales,and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental oronly for recreational purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Lennon
There's nowhere you can be
isn't where you're meant to be

********

H

School
Park
Mall
Trader Joes
Rest u rant
Parking lot
Movies (the big place where they show it)
Super markets

These were all the places I looked, looked for him, my new year's eve friend. Everywhere I went, I kept my eyes wide open and hoped his head will pop up somewhere but NOTHING.

It was very sad, but I wasn't discouraged. I had nicked a notebook from Gemma's national geographic collection, this particular one had a zebra on it, straying on the grass. And Mom always said note down things you want to remember.

I made the list so I had a good idea of all the ground I had covered and to get a sense of what more venues could be checked.

When I had met him, his eyes shined golden on the sea of molten brown and his skin was golden too. Golden tan, we kiddies couldn't go to the tanning salons, maybe he spent his days in places with lot of sunshine, like Hawaii.

The Golden Boy !

It was going to be a month on my birthday, following Thursday.

Maybe he really was an Alien who disappeared in thin air. But he had a Mom, do aliens have Moms? I guess everybody has a Mom.

What if I never get to meet him again, that would be a shame. He was so nice, I wanted to be friends. My birthday was coming soon, though I didn't feel any particular kind of excitement. Maybe my that year's wish could be to meet the golden boy again.

I couldn't comprehend this feeling, I had a lot friends, not bragging just facts, never felt any special pull about them. Perhaps, it's what Mom says: we crave for things which feel unattainable.

Was it that?
I didn't know.
It was something.

I am going to share something little gross now.

I woke up one day, and couldn't poop.
I thought I will try again at school. No success.
Evening at home. Nada.
And then came the stomach aches.

I told my Mom about my poop problems and she decided it was an emergency. We scheduled anemergency appointment with my new pediatrician Dr. M. Mom said he was better than Dr. Walters who was very argumentative and never listen to her. We had two routine checkups till now and he did seem nicer.

Dad took care of Gemma at home, and was in charge of Dinner that night.

Mom drove us to the hospital and I stared outside the window, in pain and unhappy. I hardly ever felt like that, I would like to think I was usually a happy person. That birthday week wasn't going as expected.

Mom held my hand and we walked towards his office after checking with scheduling nurses at the reception.

We had to wait for his previous appointment to get done. There were nods in my stomach and it hurt really bad. Hurry up patient Harry – 1.

Finally, we got in.

"Hello Harry, good evening Anne"

"Hello Doc, my stomach hurts" I mumbled, couldn't even speak properly.