14

Reluctantly after being forced inside by Luke's mother, the Shaws and Isabella stood awkwardly in the centre of the room, capturing the attention of all the locals nearby

Reluctantly after being forced inside by Luke's mother, the Shaws and Isabella stood awkwardly in the centre of the room, capturing the attention of all the locals nearby. Deckard crossed his arms impatiently from beside Isabella as Luke was ushered to the table and a plate of steaming food was quickly dropped in front of him. 

"You two girls, come eat. You're all skin and bone." Luke's mother fussed around them, gesturing to their thin physiques which were only highlighted by their relatively tight outfits.  

As two more plates were laid on the table, Isabella couldn't help but breath in the delicious scent of the meal and was almost drawn straight in, until Owen held out his arm, "I'm sorry to ruin the fun, but we are in a situation where global destruction is ticking closer by the hour." 

He was right, that did ruin the fun, and Luke stopped shovelling his meal into his mouth and pointed towards the Shaws. It was almost as if he had forgotten why they were there for a second. 

"He's right Ma, we came because we need your help." Luke admitted bravely, wrapping one of his strong arms around his mother's shoulders. His brothers glanced at him with distaste, not wanting to help him immediately after not seeing him in years. Regardless, they wouldn't have much choice if his mother agreed on their behalf.

"Like I said, you aren't getting any!" Jonah responded firmly as he crossed his arms from beside the back door. Hattie rolled her eyes discreetly, shaking her head at Isabella, already knowing they weren't going to get anywhere. 

Before Hobbs could argue back, his mother stepped in, placing her hand on her newly returned son's shoulder, "If Luke and his friends need our help, we are going to give it to him. That's what family do." She ordered, pointing her finger authoritatively at the other stern family members around the room. Jonah sighed, deeply, letting his disapproval be known, but his mother had moved on from his petty grievances. "Now, what do you need?" 

Luke looked back over towards the Shaws and Isabella who waited for his guidance, "Well, where do we start?" 

***

"Where are we going?" Isabella asked interestedly as they climbed onto the back of different pick up trucks. After jumping up effortlessly himself, Deckard held his arm out, easily pulling Isabella up beside him before helping Hattie do the same. 

"To our workshop." One of Hobbs' brothers responded bluntly, perching his figure in the back of the truck alongside the four outsiders. Isabella nodded, feeling a strong urge not to ask any more questions since that one alone seemed to annoy the man. 

As the vehicles were steered back onto the open road, Isabella and Hattie made sure to grip onto the metal railings to keep themselves steady. With the wind blowing wildly through her hair, she did recognise a sense of freedom from being on the island. It felt disconnected from the rest of society, even in a moment where the world was in danger and they were being hunted like hares.