9

"Before I go, I need you to know that I'm going undercover for a while

"Before I go, I need you to know that I'm going undercover for a while." Blake spoke gently, grasping Isabella's hand as they sat on opposite sides of the table in a quaint tea shop on the outskirts of London. With Blake deep in the CIA, he liked staying out of the populated areas, and he warned his sister to do the same, not that she often listened to him. 

"Will you be gone long?" Isabella questioned anxiously, her heart speeding up in her chest. Since the disappearance of her parents, she found it hard to let Blake, Owen, Hattie or Deckard go on any undercover missions, but she truly had no say in the matter. It just terrified her every single time.

Blake took the final sip of his coffee, softly shaking his head, "They say a few months, six at most." He didn't like to reveal any more information than he needed to. Just enough to put Isabella's mind at rest. 

The blonde nodded her head, acknowledging his response whilst staring down at the tablecloth. "Stay safe, and call me when you get back." 

Blake rose from his chair, pulling his sister into a hug, muttering an "I love you," into her wild hair. Isabella smiled lovingly, returning the comment. 

And just as fast as he arrived, he was gone. 

That was the last time she had seen her brother. 

Until now.

***

Isabella was speechless, she couldn't find the words to say anything at all. She just stared up at the only biological family she had left, hardly believing that he was there at all. 

Hattie stood close by, glancing at the boy she once loved, the only boy she had ever loved. He was now only a mere shell of who he once was, she could tell from one singular look. 

"You're working for them?" Deckard spat in disbelief, cocking his gun against his side as his eyes flickered between Brixton and Blake, two men who had once been his best friends. 

Blake jumped with ease from the containers, landing beside Brixton who had risen to his feet, cracking his neck from side to side. "Not really the warm welcome I was expecting." He chuckled darkly, glancing between the shocked, yet disappointed faces that greeted him. 

Meanwhile, Hobbs stood with a stern expression, trying to establish the situation. It wasn't his fault he was so behind, it was a long bunch of history. 

"I thought you were dead." Isabella muttered out exhaustedly as her eyes pricked his tears, "You promised you'd come home. We waited for you, I waited for you for years." Hattie wrapped an arm round her best friend, steadying her body, scared she might collapse otherwise. 

"That's always been your problem Belle, you think too small." Blake criticised as the trio of Shaws glared daggers from all around, "You have to look at the bigger picture, look at what I've become." He held his arms out proudly, trying to prove that Eteon was worth the loss she had felt for the last eight years. In her eyes, it certainly was not.