9- Swimming Into Love

Your POV

You spent the rest of the day hanging with the boys, but mostly helping Donnie with the humanizing watch. They were coming along nicely but had a few more kinks to work out. The boys were feeling more comfortable around you, but were still wondering how to get back to their world. So after a long day of explanations and hanging with the turtles, you decided to go out for a short swim. So you snuck down the hall and peeked into your bedroom.

Leo was sitting cross legged on the floor in front of the bed meditating. You cursed your bad timing, but just couldn't tear your eyes away from the blue clad turtles peaceful form. It was getting harder to control your inner fangirl, but you were managing. You took a deep breath and opened the door fully, being as quiet as possible. Then you went to your drawer and pulled out a swimsuit before quickly sneaking back out of the room.

You didn't notice Leo crack his eyes open and watch you the whole time, a smile gracing his face as he watched you try to be as quiet as you could. Once you closed the room door, you sighed and went to change in the bathroom, then quickly grabbed a towel and headed for the backyard.

It was dark outside now, the full moon reflecting light off the still pool. You went to a panel on the wall and turned on the lights in the pool to a light blue. Throwing your towel over a chair, you took a deep breath and made a perfect dive into the deep end of the pool, barely rippling the water, but making a slight splashing noise. You floated underwater, letting the coolness of the pool sink into your skin. You opened your eyes under the water, letting them adjust to the chlorine and let yourself float there until your lungs felt like exploding. You resurfaced and brought yourself onto the edge of the pool, taking another deep breath. When you opened your eyes, you let out a sharp scream at what you saw.

Leo's POV

I saw her come into her room and leave with something while I was meditating, but I wasn't sure what. After she left I had a hard time focusing on my meditation. Y/n kept plaguing my thoughts. So I huffed out a sigh of annoyance and left her bedroom. I went downstairs to find Raph punching the bag and Mikey watching TV on the couch.

"Where's Y/n?" I asked. Raph stopped punching the bag and chuckled.

"Really have it bad for her don't 'cha fearless," he said using the nickname she called me. I glared at him while Mikey giggled on the couch. I let out a sigh. Even though I had only met her a day ago, I felt more connected to her than I have to anyone before.

"You could check with Donnie bro," suggested Mikey. And for once he didn't have a bad idea. I knew they had been working for a good portion of the day on a project that they wouldn't tell us about.

"Yeah. Okay I'll be upstairs," I said and Raph just raised an eye ridge before smirking. I turned on my heel and left back up the stairs. On my way to see Donnie, I heard what sounded like a small splash coming from outside. So I decided to check what it was. I creeped quietly across the floor to the back door and peeked out. The pool had ripples floating across it and I frowned. Who was out swimming this late? As I walked closer to the pool, I saw a dark figure underneath the water, illuminated by the pools blue lights.

I stood a few feet from the edge of the pool and watched the figure under the water. It stayed there for a long time, bubbles sometimes coming to the surface, before it started moving to he side of the pool and upwards. I stared slack jawed as Y/n gracefully surfaced from under the water, eyes closed and dark hair flowing like a waterfall behind her. Then she opened her eyes and let out a small scream at my sudden appearance. I jumped out of my trance and she covered her face with her hand, clearly embarrassed.

"S-...sorry. I'm so sorry," I managed to stammer out, but I just couldn't get the picture of how she looked in the moonlight out of my head. How perfect she was. She waved off my apology before tilting her head.

"Did you need something?" She asked, that voice of hers calm and smooth as ever. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"What was she doing to me?" I thought. "No," I answered quickly. "I heard a noise. Sorry for disturbing you." She again waved off my apology then pointed back to the water.

"So are you just going to stand there? Or are you going to come swimming?" She asked pushing off the side and floating farther out. I rubbed my neck.

"I. Umm-... I mean I guess," I stuttered out. She smirked.

"I thought turtles liked water," she said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, but still smiled. Then I went over to a chair and carefully removed my chest plate and armour, only keeping on the wrappings on my hands and my pants.  Slowly, I lowered myself into the pool and felt the coolness of the water hit my skin. I sighed at how nice it felt and closed my eyes behind my mask. Although I was a turtle, I never really had a chance to go swimming so this was-... nice.

Your POV

You watched as Leo instantly relaxed in the cool water, the big turtle closing his eyes and just floating there. You smiled to yourself and swam to the deep end, where you tread water lightly to keep from sinking. He opened his eyes and stared directly at you before smirking and quickly disappearing under the water. You lost sight of him and spun around, trying to find him.

A tap on the shoulder made you turn around and see Leo behind you, and you couldn't tear your gaze away from his eyes. The moonlight and the lights from the pool were reflecting perfectly, bringing out all the different shades of blues and you noticed tiny flecks of green. You both didn't say anything for a long time. He was getting close. You could feel light puffs of his breath tingling your cheek. He reached up and hesitantly brushed away a piece of your wet hair away from your face, his hand lingering on your cheek. You forced yourself not to lean into it.

But before anything happened, you tore your gaze from his mesmerizing eyes and pushed off his plastron, floating backwards away from him, thoughts running rampant through your head.

"What was that? Was he going to kiss me?" You looked back to where he just was to find him gone again. You frowned. Where did he go?

"Looking for someone?" He said off to you left. You looked and saw him sitting on the edge of the pool, smirking at you.

"How did you-..."

"Ninja," he replied.

"Ah yes." You answered, swimming to the side.

Leo's POV

She came over to where I was sitting and put her hands on the edge of the deck. Then in one swift graceful motion pulled herself up and out of the pool, onto the side of it. I then saw what she was wearing and blushed. A dark blue two piece, resembling the colour of my mask. She looked beautiful in it, the colour popping out her eyes. She turned towards me and smirked, pushing my jaw closed with one hand. My skin tingled where she touched me.

"You okay there fearless?" She giggled. I nodded and watched her get up and go for her towel. She wrapped it around herself and came to sit back down with me, just watching the stars.

"Isn't it beautiful out?" She asked quietly. I nodded.

"Yeah. You are beautiful-... I mean ITS beautiful," I corrected myself quickly but she noticed what I said.

"*ahem* umm-... I'm just going to-... go...  yeah. Umm. Goodnight?" She asked with a red face before running back into the house. When she left I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"Now you've gone and messed it up it haven't you Leo?"
___________________________

Hehehe. Leo has it baaadddd.

I'm debating writing a chapter where one of them gets hurt going out at night or writing the chapter where Donnie finishes one of the watches.

Leave comments and tell me how you like the story so far!

XX Shadow