27- Handprints

Your POV

After around five minutes, you heard Donnie knock on your room door and peek into the crack. You smiled and ran over with the blindfold.

"What's that for?" He asked suspiciously. You just laughed and made him lean down enough so you could reach his head. He let you take off his glasses and tie the blindfold and then you tugged him into your room and to the wall. Raph and Mikey's handprints were almost dry and they looked really good. So you grabbed the purple paint and repeated the same thing with Donnie.

"Is that paint?" He asked when you put some on his hand.

"Maybe," you replied. He chuckled.

"Can you tell me what you're doing?"

"Nope," you popped the P. As you positioned his hand and pressed it onto the wall he sighed.

"Did you talk to Leo yet?" You looked at him even though he couldn't see you.

"Not really. He came in here once and I ended up flustering him a bit and then making him leave," you replied. Donnie just nodded and you took his hand off the wall and pushed him out the door, before closing it behind both of you. You took off the blindfold and replaced his glasses and saw him smile.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out," he said softly. You just gave a half smile.

"I hope so." Then you went in search of Leo. Since you knew his habits from watching movies and TV, you checked the dojo where you found him cross legged as he meditated. You quietly went over behind him and poked his shoulder. His eyes shot open and he grabbed your hand and tried to flip you over his shoulder, which in turn you spun around when he did and landed on your feet in front of him.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He asked frantically. You just laughed and patted his head.

"Come on fearless. I need you for something." You lead him to your door and pulled out the blindfold. He just crossed his arms.

"What's that for?"

"So you can't see? Duh."

"Why can't I see?"

"Cause it's a surprise."

"Am I going to regret this?"

"That's what I asked!" Yelled Raph from the couch. Leo just bent down a little to your height and let you tie it over his eyes. As you went into the room, you made him stand and grabbed a brush with blue paint.

"Give me your hand."

Leo's POV

I couldn't see anything and I wasn't too fond of that.

"Give me your hand." She told me. I slowly raised my hand in front of me and she grabbed the back of it to hold it steady. Her skin was so soft and smooth. She started putting something on my palm and I felt goosebumps run up my arm from the cold. When she pulled her hand away, my skin burned where she had just touched me.

We hadn't really talked about what happened. About that kiss. I knew we would have to eventually though.

"So did you mean what you said about my eyes?" I said suddenly as she was pressing my hand against a wall. I felt her freeze. Then she relaxed and didn't remove her hand from the back of mine as she pressed down.

"Yes. Yes I did. You have really pretty eyes," she said quietly. I felt my face heat up. "They remind me of an ocean. Because although they look calm on the outside, hold inner turmoil and distress. Like you said, a persons eyes can tell every emotion and feeling that they have," she finished as she pulled my hand off the wall. She took my other hand and pushed me by the shell out of her room. Yet again.

When we got outside I leaned down and she gently untied the blindfold and took it off. I looked at her and smiled. She started directly into my eyes and smiled back.

"See? Beautiful eyes." She whispered as she turned and walked towards Master Splinters room. I watched her disappear around the corner then felt and hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Raph smirking.

"Have ya talked to her yet?" I sighed.

"Not near enough."

Your POV

You gently knocked on Splinters door and heard him move around. When he opened it, he smiled and you you bowed.

"Master. Is it okay if I borrow you for a moment?" He nodded and you brought him to your door. When you got there, you held out a blindfold, making him chuckle.

"What is it you need me for child?" He asked. You looked at him as he put on the blindfold.

"Is it okay if I put some paint on your hand?" You asked. He just chuckled again and nodded.

"Yes. As long as I can see what this is for later."

"For sure." You laughed as you brought him into your room. You painted his hand and pressed it onto the wall above the other turtles, then took it off. When you took him out of your room, you thanked him and bowed, saying it would be done in five minutes.

You went back into your room to look at your work. Five handprints in a vertical line down the right side of the wall on each of their colours, brown for Splinter, with the Family symbol beside it, the huge cherry tree looking almost real. It looked fantastic. You went out into the front room and called for the guys.

"Do you want to see what I've been doing now?" They all nodded eagerly and Splinter came out of his room again. You opened the door and let them in, then stood by the sheet as they all watched with excitement. You takes down the sheet and revealed the painting underneath. Immediate gasps filled the room and you blushed with pride. Raph ruffled your hair and sent a quick smile your way.

"Pretty impressive, tiny." Then Mikey went to you and gave you a hug.

"Is that our handprints?"

"Yes. That what I needed the whole family for. It's a small thank you, for letting me stay here and taking me in as part of your family."

"You're really talented," said Donnie impressed. You nodded a thanks, then watched Leo. He walked to the wall and looked at the huge cherry tree. The rest of them took the hint and Splinter waved for them to leave. You watched nervously as Leo looked at it.

"Where's yours?" He asked. You blinked.

"My what?"

"Your handprint," he chuckled.

"Oh," you blushed. "I haven't gotten there yet. But I'll put it up eventually," he nodded and then picked up a brush and waved it at you.

"Do you want some help?" You shrugged.

"Sure. I was planning on using pink because it's the only colour I really have left." You said and he dipped the brush into the pink. He came to you and you felt your heart rate speed up at his closeness. He gently took your hand and coated it with the paint, and you watched as he concentrated on not getting it onto himself.

He finished and you smiled at him before going and pressing your hand against the wall. After a few seconds, you pulled it away and backed up to where Leo pulled you into a tight side hug as you both looked at the new handprint.

"There. The whole family." Said Leo quietly and you sighed happily while curling closer to his side.

You know, for everything that had happened, and all the stuff you've been through, you didn't think you would have a normal family again. But this was the best. Being around the turtles and Splinter.

You knew right then, that was where you belonged. As part of a real family.

The end...
________________________

That wasn't a fantastic ending, but don't worry! I'm thinking of a second book and I'll let you know if I start it.

Let me know if a second book is something you would read! Your relationship with Leo still has to go somewhere and it would be mostly about that.

Hope you guys vote and comment!!

XX Shadow