20- Letting Go

Your POV

Donnie went into the house and grinned at his brothers.

"We did it!" He said excitedly. Raph and Mikey looked at him from their place on the still pulled out couch bed.

"Yay," you said quietly. You weren't really in the mood for celebrating. They looked at you, noticing the sarcasm in your less than enthusiastic cheer. "I'm-... I'm just gonna go. Check on Leo," you said. Raph raised an eye ridge.

"You okay there tiny?"

"Oh, me? Yeah I'm fine-..." an awkward silence fell upon the group. "I'm gonna go now." You said quickly before scurrying off to where Leo was attempting to get up. Again.

"Oh-... umm-... hi?" He said tiredly when he saw you. You just held back a smile and pushed him back onto the bed, only this time in a sitting position. "Thanks."

"Yeah," you said distractedly. He noticed. You felt his ocean coloured eyes on you. You glanced at him.

"What?" You asked. He just stared at you. It was getting kind of weird. You tried to tear your eyes away from his but you couldn't. "What the shell are you doing?" You demanded. He just chuckled and broke his stare by blinking.

"A persons eyes can tell every emotion and feeling that they have," he said, grabbing your hand. "I know something is wrong. What is it?" The way he asked so gently made you finally crack.

"I'm sorry," you whispered, tears coming forward as one made its way down your cheek. His eyes widened and he tried to sit up a bit more, not letting go of your hand. He finally got to a suitable position and looked at you.

"Y/n-... what's wrong?" He asked gently. You took a breath to try to compose yourself but it wasn't working.

"You guys have been a part of my life since I was a kid. When you landed in my yard, I thought I was crazy. But now here we are. I just finished making the portal with Donnie, so you guys are free to go home now," you said. He blinked at you.

"Isn't that a good thing?" You laughed bitterly.

"For you maybe. For me it means being left alone. Again." You fisted your hand, the one not holding Leo, and noticed him start to rub circles onto the back, just like you did with him. That made you crack a small smile, but it disappeared as quickly as it came. He saw your tears keep coming and took a deep breath. Then you felt him move over and look at you, patting the space next to him on your bed.

"Here," he said softly. Although he still wasn't fully healed, he still felt the need to help you however he could. You carefully lay next to him, resting your head on his plastron, feeling his strong heartbeat under your head. He wrapped his muscular arms around you and you just laid there, feeling protected within Leo's grasp. Your tears still fell onto his chest underneath you and he rubbed your arms up and down, leaving your skin burning wherever he touched.

Leo's POV

I felt so bad for her. All she wanted was a family, and we came into her life and now we have to leave her again.

As I laid there with her in my arms, I couldn't help but take in the intoxicating smell of her hair, the softness of her skin. I still couldn't believe that someone like her was laying with me, completely comfortable and unafraid. I knew I had it bad, but she probably didn't feel the same way. I mean, I'm leaving her again. That would just break her heart more.

The thoughts ran rampant through my head until I realized that her sniffling had stopped and her breathing evened out. I peeked under her hair and saw her sleeping, a slight frown on her face and tear stains running down her cheeks. I sighed and readied myself to get up. I managed to sit fully and swing my legs over the edge of the bed without shifting her too much. She didn't even stir as I set her gently down in the place I was just laying. She curled closer to the warmth of the spot I was and I smiled, gently brushing some hair from her sleeping face.

I hesitated before leaning down and lightly kissing her cheek. I then stood up. I wobbled a bit, gathering my balance, then carefully walked to the door, using the wall to balance as I walked to where my brothers were sitting. They looked surprised to see me up.

"Hey Leo," said Donnie. I nodded in response, focusing on not falling until I got to the couch. They watched me, amused expressions plastered on their faces.

"I assume Y/n told you about the portal?" Mused Donnie. I nodded and sat down on the couch bed beside him.

"So, what? We can just go home? That's it?" I asked. He nodded.

"That's it," he replied. "You know Y/n is really smart. She would be a huge help around the lab," he said. Raph nodded.

"Yea and the girl can actually fight. Can even give me a challenge for once," he smirked at me. "And I think someone has taken quite a liking to our new hostess." I felt myself blush and they all laughed.

"I feel bad for the dudette," said Mikey. "Her being here alone. That sucks man. I couldn't imagine living without you guys." That immediately brought an idea into my head.

"No that's crazy. She would never-... Donnie wouldn't let us-..." I thought to myself. Raph was right. I really did like her. Like, LIKE like her. And even if she didn't feel that way about me, it would mean she had a family again.

"Hey guys," I said slowly. They looked at me. I looked at them nervously.

"I think we should bring her back with us." Donnie stared at me, then glanced at Raph, who just looked shocked and looked at Mikey. It was Raph who spoke first.

"Well finally ya take the hint fearless," he said. Donnie and Mikey laughed.

"What?" I said. I was actually very confused at this point.

"We've been trying to get you to realize she belongs with us. Subliminally of course," said Donnie.

"Bro this is gonna be sick!" Yelled Mikey and we all shushed him.

"She's still sleeping remember," I said.

"Oh right. Sorry," he apologized. I just smiled and shook my head at my energetic little brother. I can't believe they agreed with me. She's going to be so happy. Now to actually tell her-...

"So who's asking her?" I asked. They all just stopped and stared at me.

"I mean, it is your girlfriend numbskull," said Raph sarcastically. My cheeks heated up again.

"Not my girlfriend. Just a friend-... who is a girl-.." Mikey scoffed.

"Well? Get going bro or imma tell her myself." He laughed. I just shook my head and slowly made my way back to where Y/n was still sleeping. As I hobbled down the hallway, only two thoughts were in my head.

I can't believe we're going to do this-... I just hope she agrees-...
___________________________

Nice! Now you get to go home with the boys! Or do you? Your Decision will be in the next chapter!

Thank you again to all those who are reading and voting! You are the best!!

XX Shadow