Chapter 5: Explanations

TW: mentions of abuse and self-harm in past chapter referred to, other than that I don't think there's anything

The silence was broken by Tony immediately asking how long it had been going on.

"As long as I can remember," you replied.

Wanda gasped and grabbed at Vision's arm for support, and Steve looked like he was either going to be sick or break something, you couldn't tell. Perhaps both. Bucky did break something, accidentally snapping the plate he was holding in half with anger. Bruce looked very concerned and a bit green around the edges, and he excused himself from the room before he Hulked-out.

Zipping over to you and tipping your head slightly to better see the bruises, Pietro asked, "Are you alright, printsessa?" This surprised you, because as much as he was a flirt, you weren't expecting him to act like a caring big brother.

"What filth did this to you?" Thor boomed, standing up and summoning Mjolnir.

You quickly shook your head, not wanting it to become a big deal, and said, "My father. It's alright though, it's over now, please don't make this an issue."

Although the heroes didn't want to, you eventually made them promise to drop it and not mention it again. After much grumbling, they all agreed, then asked you about how you were hiding them and what the extent of your abilities were.

"I can teleport, and put up illusions, and block people from reading my mind as well as read others, and talk in them, basically telepathy. I can also do what I call 'calling things to me' and send them away again, although I don't know where exactly they go," you explained, "Oh, and I have telekinesis but I'm not as good at that."

Wanda nodded, it now made sense how you had been able to block her from your mind and so quickly too.

Steve asked for a demonstration of your powers, to which you complied, teleporting behind him. You then set an illusion of a rock in your hand and pretended to chuck it at Tony, laughing a little when he tried to duck something that wasn't really there. Next you called forth one of your notebooks filled with sketches, and it appeared in your hand, before sending it back to wherever it stored itself. As a finale, you 'spoke' into each of their minds, mentally projecting an image of the Looney Tunes "That's all folks!"

"Come on, show us your telekinesis, it doesn't have to be something big, just move a napkin or something," Tony said, "We need to know the full extent of your powers to be able to help you control them better, and maybe one day even join the Avengers."

You tried lifting a napkin, as was suggested, and it wobbled a little as it went up around three inches. Just then, you heard someone walking in behind you. You spun around, dropping the napkin.

"Hey Mr. Stark, can I- Y/n?" Spiderman asked.

"Yes? I don't need a notebook if that's what you're here for, but thank you for the offer," you said, hoping the Avengers wouldn't pry.

"No, no I figured as much after you just ran off. You have powers? That's so cool! Wait, what happened to your neck? It looked normal earlier, are you OK?" he asked, speaking a mile a minute.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you? How did you know my name?" You questioned, alarmed. You didn't want someone who you didn't know knowing about your bruises, and now that he had also seen your powers too you were very concerned.

"Hey kid, it's OK, you can trust her, she won't tell anyone," Tony said, butting in.

"Right, sorry," Spiderman said, pulling off his mask.

"Peter? You're Spiderman?" You were shocked. How could the nerdy kid in your calculus class be a crimefighting hero? How could your friend Zaozao's boyfriend be her biggest crush? That brought up another question, did she even know?

"Yep, hi, it's me," he said, awkwardly making jazz-hands, as if presenting himself.

Because he had already seen your powers and bruises, and he had already trusted you with his big secret, you explained your powers and briefly mentioned where you had gotten the bruises.

He was horrified, it was all you could do to keep him from swinging out the window and going after your father. Eventually you convinced him, telling him that it wasn't worth it anymore and you were living here now, so he couldn't even get to you if he had wanted.

When he had calmed down enough that you could trust he wouldn't go after your father, Tony sent him back home, claiming it was way past bedtime for the both of you.

~~~

Word count: 776

Sorry for the short chapter, I felt like this chapter was a bit deeper compared to others and I didn't wanna mix them, the next chapter'll be much longer I promise

-Liz