Chapter 17: Horrible German Accents

TW: a little violence that's all tho

Anna ducked through the portal, and was back in the gym. A piece of smoldering rubble whizzed past her before the portal closed.

"Anna!" you exclaimed.

"Babe!" Bucky swooped her up into a hug.

"What happened?" asked Nat.

"Guys, I'm alright, calm down," said Anna, extricating herself from her boyfriend's arms.

"Hiss," said the piece of rubble as a panel in the ceiling moved aside for a stream of water to shoot out and cool the glowing remains.

"Thanks Fri," you looked at the rubble, before quickly putting it into the pocket dimension. Turning to Anna, you joined the others in making sure she was alright. She filled you in on what happened, that she and the doctor had been talking when the building was attacked.

"Anna, y/n, stay here," you heard Tony's voice behind you, "Nat, Bucky, come with me. The wizard needs some backup."

"What? But I can be useful too!"

"You're supposed to still be resting, and we need someone in the tower just in case," he gave you a pointed look. Last time everyone was out, someone had left the oven on and the kitchen nearly caught fire.

"Fri stopped anything from happening just fine-"

"That's not the point," he interrupted you.

"-and I'm already all healed up, see?" you continued, and then did a 180 to show that you indeed were healed.

~

The team had been gone for roughly an hour, which was normal, when you heard a jet approaching the compound. You and Anna had situated yourselves on the couch, and were rewatching Once Upon A Time. Jumping up, you teleported to the landing pad to meet the team.

Only one problem. It wasn't the team.

Around twenty men dressed in Hydra Exo-suits and holding Arnimhilation 99L Assault Weapons were there. Of course, you didn't know that they were Hydra Exo-suits or that the guns were Arnimhilation 99L Assault Weapons.

What you did know was that they were all standing in a circle around you, each pointing a gun at you. You had teleported right into the middle of them. Just great.

"Now zen, you are koming vith us, begreifen?" (understand) one of the men said with a heavy German accent (I did my best, sorry if the accent offends anyone, I used some website that told me how to write a German accent).

"Hmm," you pretended to think for a moment, tapping your chin, "How about you all leave and don't come back? How does that sound?"

You quickly threw up an illusion of yourself, and duplicated it, then duplicated it again.

"Catch me if you can," you sang from each of the illusions, taunting them as you cast a last illusion to hide your actual self.

"Shtopen sie! Vee don't neet to katch you, you looken sie vat vee kaught insteat," said the same man, Leader-guy, you decided to call him. Two men marched out of the compound, carrying a struggling Anna between them.

"Now, you kome vis us, or your pretty little frient does. I'm chure sche koult be useful somehow, maybe a test subjekt for zee most recent experiment?" Leader-guy grinned, displaying rotting teeth.

Not wanting any harm to come to your best friend, you dropped all the illusions, revealing your true location.

"You see? Zat vasn't so hart now, vas it?" he motioned for one of his men to cuff you.

"Hey, you said you'd let her go!" a man roughly grabbed your wrists and locked your hands behind your back with a thick metal band.

"Ja, vee vill," his mouth twisted in a way that was supposed to be a smile, but came off as more of a grimace, "But vee must make chure to sent a message, no?"

At his nod, one of the men drew a knife, and before you knew what was happening he sliced off her left wrist and shoved her to the ground.

"No!" you yelled.

"Now sche kan match her boyfriend," he laughed, making a noise that somewhat resembled a cat coughing up a furball.

Nothing happened. The band was somehow restricting your powers. You lifted your heel and kicked the guy holding you in the groin, and rushed forward.

You made it three steps before everything went black.

~~~

Word count: 715

I haven't been able to really write much because of finals but by the time this chapter is uploaded it'll probably already be summer, but maybe not, who knows

-Liz the Stressed