Chapter 14: Yer a Witch, Y/n

Fog started coming out of the lamp, forming a paper-thin screen in front of you. You saw the training room, empty except for Steve, who was doing push-ups in the corner. Damn supersoldier and his inability to get drunk.

Changing where you wanted to look, you pictured Stark's library. The image displayed on the fog-screen changed, and you saw shelves of books. By the fireplace, lounging in his favourite chair, you saw Loki reading. Suddenly, he looked up, and made direct eye contact with you. Startled, you pulled away, and the fog dissipated.

"What? What is it? What happened?" the doctor asked worriedly.

"I was looking through the tower, and Loki looked right at me," you said, somewhat shaken, "I thought you said that they couldn't see me?"

"He shouldn't have been able to," His brow furrowed for a second, before he smiled.

"I guess my theory was correct then!" he said, looking very pleased with himself.

"About that, you promised me that you would explain what your theory is if I did it," you demanded. If you were the only one who could use the lamp, you damn well wanted to know why.

"Ah yes, that. Well, how do I say this," he began, "You are an ancient witch as old as time, but you live a human lifetime. Every time your life is over, you are reborn without memories of your previous life."

Opening an old leather-bound book to a certain page, he handed it to you.

"Sigyn is a goddess too frequently forgotten," you started to read.

"No not there, the paragraph below," he cut you off.

Looking down at the next paragraph, you began again.

"Known as the Witch of Midgard, she is one of three powerful witches in the world. Her abilities include telekinesis, teleportation, telepathy, and teleprojection. Since the beginning of time, she has walked the earth, living one life after another, with no memories of her past. However, any knowledge she gained in her previous life she retains." Here you paused.

"So you think I'm this witch?" you asked.

"I'm certain of it," he replied, "Everything lines up, and you were able to activate the lamp."

"Alright," you said doubtfully, "I should really be going now, don't want anyone to worry."

Standing up, you thanked the sorcerer. Putting your hand on the door, you were about to leave.

"What's that?" He asked, stopping you.

"What's what?"

"On your finger, the ring, can I see it?"

Looking down, you saw you were still wearing the ring you had put on last night.

"It's just a piece of jewelry, I was wearing it last night, must've forgotten to take it off," you said, unamused

"It's just a piece of jewelry, I was wearing it last night, must've forgotten to take it off," you said, unamused. It now seemed like he was trying to stop you from leaving.

"No, it isn't. What that is," he said, taking your hand, "Is a pocket dimension ring. Have you ever heard of one of these?"

"Um no not really, what is it?"

"Once you claim the ring, it allows you into a private space that only you can enter. There are only a few of them in the world, how did you get it, I wonder," he mused.

"It's the only thing I have from my birth mother. Now, you said I have to claim it? How do I do that?"

"Wearing it for 24 hours should work, which it seems you already have, so now all you need to do is open it."

"And I assume I just have to will it to open?" you commented dryly.

Willing it to open, you saw that it contained everything you had summoned and then sent away was already in it. At least now you knew where things went when they disappeared. Taking the thermos of soothing tea the doctor had given you, you sent it away too, and it appeared in your ring.

"Cool! Thanks for showing me all this, but can I go now? People seriously will worry, I'm supposed to meet my friends for ice cream."

"Alright, you can go," he said, waving you off.

~

"-and that is why Dean Winchester's taste in music is exquisite," you heard Liz say.

"But you gotta admit, some modern music is good," came Anna's voice.

"No it isn't-" she was cut off by the song Bubblegum Bitch by MARINA beginning to play.

You walking into the common area and saw Anna sprawled on the couch. Moving further into the room, you saw that Liz was lying upside-down, with her feet on the couch and her back on the floor.

"Y/n, tell Anna I'm right," she whined at you, flapping her hand in a gesture that presumably meant "come sit with us."

"Do you guys just live here now?" you asked instead. They were basically here all the time.

"I kinda do, dunno 'bout Anna over there," said Liz, moving to sit upright, "I'm moving in with Pietro."

"I move about, you just don't notice when I'm not here because it isn't part of the story. I thought we were getting ice-cream? C'mon," she said, standing up and skipping toward the door.

~~~

Word count: 850

Idk if I explained the pocket dimension well or not, so if you have any questions, just ask me

-Liz