Chapter 7: Romeo and Juliet

~oh would you look at that, another time skip! this one is brought to you by my lack of sleep~

"Hey Nat," you called across the hall, "Can you help me zip up the back of this?"

You were going on a date in the attempt to stop being the only one of your friends not dating. At some point Nat and Bruce had finally gotten together, Wanda and Vis were still dating, as were Liz and Pietro, and just the other day you had caught Anna and Bucky making out in the training room. Enough's enough, you thought, and decided to get your act together.

"Who're you meeting?" she asked, zipping up the back of the dress.

You rolled your eyes. You could keep nothing from the former assassin.

"I'm just meeting some guy named Charles for dinner, I'm tired of being the only single one around here," you replied.

~

Getting out of the cab, you made your way inside after dinner. Charles had been nice enough, and you were seeing him again next Tuesday.

"Where were you?"

You jumped and threw a knife toward the intruder using your powers. You had gotten significantly better at levitating items with Wanda's help and were now able to move smaller objects easily.

The knife froze in midair and slowly moved to the side, held with green magic.

"Loki," you sighed, relieved that it was only him and not an actual intruder.

"Did I stutter? Where were you?" he repeated himself.

You chuckled inwardly, remembering all the memes brought from that one episode. One day you would have to show him all your favourite shows, you knew he would love Sherlock and probably would enjoy Good Omens.

"I was on a date," you said, "with a man, a real one." (ouch the WandaVision feels)

He stalked closer to you, his presence almost menacing.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, sounding... jealous? Was that jealousy in his voice? What could he possibly be jealous of? Charles? That was impossible! He didn't even know Charles!

"You're not jealous, are you?" you teased.

"No, of course not! Why should I be jealous?" he asked.

"Anyways, why do you care where I was? Did you need something?" you said, quickly changing the topic.

"As a matter of fact, yes, I finished Romeo and Juliet and wished to hear your opinion on it," he said.

"Let me go shower real quick and then we can talk," you responded before teleporting to your room.

~

While you were showering, you wondered why Loki had sounded jealous. Then you began wondering why you cared if he sounded jealous.

You were just friends, right?

Upon thinking this, you realized that you had developed a crush on your friend. Thank goodness you had another date set up or you might even make things awkward between you two. As long as you were going on dates with someone else, you could pretend to yourself that you had no interest in the tall, handsome god who- you cut yourself off, knowing that train of thought wouldn't end well.

By now you had gotten dressed, so you wrapped a towel around your damp hair to keep it from soaking your back (unless you have short hair) and teleported back to the main area of the tower, where Loki was waiting.

"So, Romeo and Juliet, huh?" you said, eager to rant about why you hated it so much.

"Yes, now I'd like to hear why you hate it," said the god.

"Uh uh, not so fast. First I need to hear what you think about it," you demanded playfully.

"Well, I don't love it, because although there are some funny parts, the entire thing is about two idiots who have known each other for less than a week," he began.

You nodded excited, and motioned for him to go on.

"They have known each other for two days and they come up with this plan to elope, and when one of them thinks the other is dead, they commit suicide? Utterly foolish, if you ask me," he continued.

"Yes! Exactly! And just before he met Juliet, Romeo was claiming he loved Rosaline with his whole heart!" you exclaimed, overjoyed that he agreed with your hatred of the play.

The night continued like this, and soon the conversation had turned to the rest of Shakespeare's plays.

~~~

Word count: 730

Sorry for another short chapter! What do you guys think about Romeo and Juliet? Personally, I like it, although I hate Romeo

-Liz