Chapter 6: Friends

TW: the very briefest of mentions of self-harm

~time skip brought to you by the juice box of depression~

It had been a few weeks since moving in with the Avengers, and they had been training you on the weekends. You were getting better at controlling your powers, but the self-defense lessons with Natasha were torture. You dragged yourself to your room, wanting to at least be clean before you passed out.

By now you had gotten a new room, with f/c walls, your own flatscreen TV, a minifridge, a walk-in closet, and a rather large bathroom. At first you had protested, saying you didn't need that much space and that you were perfectly fine just going across the hall to use the bathroom, but now you were grateful that it was so close.

After your shower, you went to your closet to get dressed. The shower had been quite refreshing and you no longer felt that you were going to pass out. Picking out a maroon hoodie and black leggings, you got dressed. When you left the closet, Anna and Liz were sitting on your bed.

"What are you doing here? How did you even get in here?" you asked, because if they could get in, then who else could?

"Liz's boyfriend let us in," Anna replied, cracking open a RedBull. Where did she even get that? You knew for a fact that there were none in your room, and she hadn't had it in her hand before.

"Liz's boyfriend? Since when does she date? Who's she even dating?" you were confused. Was she dating a security guard? As far as you knew none of the Avengers were dating aside from Wanda and Vis.

"Hey! I have a life you know, y/n!" said Liz, leaning back and letting her head hang off the bed.

"Loki heard yelling, are you alright? What's going on? How did you two get in here?" Tony said, barging into your room.

You flushed, embarrassed that Loki could hear the yelling through the walls and wondering what else he may have heard had Tony not barged in and saved the conversation from going in that direction which it always inevitably (hehehe >:) ) went.

Suddenly Pietro was in the room, followed by the rest of the Avengers.

"It's OK Tony, are you alright zaya?" the older Maximoff asked, turning to Liz (Zaya means bunny, it's a Russian term of endearment, yes I know he's Sokovian but there is no Sokovian language so I'm making do).

"Yes I'm fine, Tin Woodman over here is just overreacting," she said, wrapping her arms around Pietro and giving him a kiss.

"You're her boyfriend?" you asked, shocked, "I never would've guessed it."

"Yes, he is, and he will be leaving now with the rest of Fury's super secret boy band. The girls can stay if they'd like, we're stealing her for a girl's night," Liz said, directing the last part at Tony who was looking rather worried.

Nat and Wanda did decide to stay after all, and the rest of the Avengers filed out of the room. Out of the corner of your eye you saw a dark shape come flying at you, and you ducked, swiping out your leg to trip whoever the attacker was.

"Oof," groaned Anna, "Where the hell did that come from?" she asked.

"Me, I taught her," Nat smirked, looking proudly over at you, "Isn't that right, young padawon?"

You nodded and turned to Anna, still laughing.

"Now, wanna explain why you thought it would be a good idea to launch yourself at me?"

"Oh, I never thought it was, I just did it anyway. So, who's the cute one with the metal arm?"

You spent the rest of the night like this, talking and watching the classics like Princess Bride and Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (if you haven't seen these movies go watch them now or I'll... I'll do something, I don't know what yet).