Chapter 11: Party

Sam was right, Tony did throw a party the next day, claiming it was to celebrate your recovery and success on your first mission.

"I didn't realize accidentally exploding a Hydra base and nearly dying counted as a success," you joked.

"Yeah, that wasn't good, but you still brought the papers with you so there's that," Tony said with a smile.

~

Now you were trying to figure out what to wear. In the past, you had gotten out of attending Tony's parties by claiming you had homework or weren't feeling well, but since this one was being thrown in your honour, you were forced to attend. Closing the door to your closet, you sighed, knowing you'd need to borrow a dress from Nat. Knocking on her door, you asked her for a dress to borrow.

"I knew you wouldn't have anything to wear," she said, opening the door with a smirk.

She handed you a brown bag and some black heels. Thanking her, you went back to your room to try on the dress. Seriously though, what was with people giving you clothes in brown bags right at the moment of need?

Opening the bag, you pulled out a black dress. Slipping it on, you looked at yourself in the mirror. It was a halter top, and the skirt came just below your knees. How she knew your exact measurements, you would never know, but the dress fit you perfectly. Its silky material felt soft against your skin, and you grinned (I figured that black looks good on everyone, no matter your skin or hair colour, but if you want to change it you can, also, if you dont wike it, as Chris Evans likes to say, you can change it).

Sitting down on your bed, you looked dubiously at the heels. They were only half an inch high, and you knew how to walk in them, but you hated wearing them nonetheless. As part of your training, Nat had made you learn how to fight in heels, just in case something happened.

You slipped on the heels and stood up, walking over to your dresser to get some jewelry. Putting on some gold stud earrings, you picked out a gold band ring, trying to keep things simple. As you left your room, you ran into Nat.

She took one look at you before grabbing your shoulders, spinning you around, and marching you back to your room.

"You can't just leave looking like that," she said, "You wanna dress to impress, maybe even have some fun, not look like you don't wanna be there."

Walking over to your dresser, she grabbed a necklace and bracelet, your hair brush, and a gold barrette (again, sorry short haired people). She sat you down on the bed, handing you the necklace and bracelet. Sitting behind you, she began twisting some of your hair back away from your face.

The necklace was a delicate golden snake, with green gemstones for eyes, and the mouth was the clasp. The bracelet looked exactly the same, but smaller.

"Gimme a hair-tie" Nat said as she fastened the barrette on the back of your head so that it pulled back the strands of hair from the sides of your face. Making a simple braid with just the strands of hair she had pulled back, she tied it off with the hairtie.

 Making a simple braid with just the strands of hair she had pulled back, she tied it off with the hairtie

(Yes I drew this hair, I couldn't find a picture online of what I meant)

By now you had put on the bracelet, and as you clasped the necklace around your neck, Nat got up and left your room

By now you had put on the bracelet, and as you clasped the necklace around your neck, Nat got up and left your room. Returning, she held up her makeup bag.

"No makeup, please," you begged her.

"Not a choice," she responded, "Now hold still."

Knowing resistance was futile, you let her tip your head up to apply some dark red lipstick (imagine the same colour Peggy wears in First Avenger). Applying some gold eyeshadow to your eyelids, she adjusted your head again. After she applied some blush and mascara, she grabbed your arms and pulled you to your feet.

"Now you're ready," she said before heading to her own room to get ready. In less than a minute she joined you in the hallway, wearing a tight red dress. As the two of you walked to the elevator, you caught your reflection in the windows.

~

You and Nat arrived early, and watched everyone else filter in.

"Why is everyone here so hot?" you thought to yourself.

"I know right? It's not fair." You jumped.

"Shit, did I say that aloud?" you asked, turning to see who had spoken.

"Yeah, you did. Sorry if I startled you by the way. Name's Darcy," said a cute girl standing next to you, sticking out her hand, which you shook.

"I don't even really know why I'm here, to be honest. One second I was lying on the couch trying to upgrade my taser, the next thing I know Jane is grabbing my hand and telling me we have a party to go to," she continued.

The current song ended, and When You Were Young by the Killers started to play.

"Hey, wanna continue this on the dance floor?" you asked with a grin, holding your hand out.

When Darcy took it, you pulled her to the edge of the dance floor, and started dancing. It was one of those situations where everyone was dancing, and no matter how awkward it was to dance, it was more awkward not to.

~

As you danced, your movements gradually became slightly flirty. It could have been finally relaxing that was making you bolder, but it was probably the glasses of champagne you kept stealing off of trays when waiters passed by.

Determined to thoroughly enjoy yourself and forget about Loki, you made your way over to a rather hot guy with blue eyes, you introduced yourself.

"Hi, I'm y/n," you said, holding out your hand for him to shake.

"Stephen," said the man, taking your hand and pulling you closer as Somebody to Love by Queen began to play (idk if y'all know how to dance but pretend you do, also, Somebody to Love is a waltz).

~~~

Word count: 1,030

Honestly I love Darcy too much

-Liz