Chapter 1

Aroara Moon: Hello. So there was a time skip between the end of the last chapter and this one as the events played out the same. Ash played a bit into her idea of him being an idiot. Warning I am planning on doing something with the mega and gigantamax forms.

Chapter 1.

Ash looked at the blue badge that was being offered to him. It looked off. With narrow eyes he met the teal eyes of the blonde gym leader. “Candy?” The three shared a joyous laugh.

“It seems that Pallet Town has some smart trainers.”

“So, Gary and Ivy passed your test.”

“Sure did. Magnus Flare did as well.”

“Magnus isn’t from Pallet Town, but from Cinnabar island. His family runs a fishing boat that travels from Cinnabar to Pallet.”

“Oh. Wait,” Daisy’s eyes widened before looking at her sisters, “how many where there this year?”

“I was informed that it was a four way tie.” Violet chirped.

“What! Four tied for the top grades in all of Kanto.” Daisy looked at her sister.

“Rumor has it that they scoured a 98%.” Lilly tilted her head. “I can’t remember who was said to gain the score.”

“Not a bad score to be balanced between the mind and the body.” Daisy watched the boy.

“Gary Oak, Ivy Green, and Ash Ketchum of Pallet town and Magnus Flare of Cinnabar Island.” Dexter chirped from his pocket. The three looked at him as he pulled out his pokédex.

“What a strange design.” Lilly looked at the red model.

“Well, you have a pokédex designed with the gym leaders in mind. This design is for field researchers.”

“Makes since, since the top three trainers, or four in this case, are given the title and position of Jr. field researcher.” Daisy said looking the boy over, slipping out a heavy duty pokédex with the Cascade Badge on the black titanium shell. Opening it she clicked on his pokédex's signal, pulling up his trainer information. “Two on Two match. Challenger can change pokémon at any time.” Hitting another two buttons caused two poké balls to appear in her left hand.

With a sharp nod. They moved to the opposite sides of the battle pool. He pulled two out of his backpack and placed it on the ground. He handed one to pikachu who sat on the thin green backpack to watch the fight. “Go Rin.” Ash called out releasing a large beedrill. As the red light faded from the beedrill’s form revealing its strange color. Where most beedrills where yellow this one was jet black and the normal black was replaced with gold and the normal red eyes where a shade darker. On her head was a golden wire tiara with a single red ruby that lay in the center of her forehead. He had caught her as a little weedle during the rescue of his metapod from the beedrill hive.

“She is beautiful.” Daisy cooed.

“Thanks.” The beedrill gave a pleased buzz as she flew up to the platform. “Go seel.” The white seal pokémon gave an excited cry and splashed into the clear water.

“Your pokémon looks amazing. He is clearly taken care of.”

“Thank you.” Daisy smirked as she straightened up. “Water gun,” Rin flew over the water stream.

“Electro web.” The sisters’ eyes widen as the electro web sent shocks through the water. Seel cried out before glaring at the beedrill.

“Ice beam.” Seel clipped her right wing sending her in the water for a short while. Daisy smirked before she noticed his smile. The buzzing from the water wasn’t one of panic, but from force. Rin was beating her wings quickly and slowly lifted her body from the water. She was panting from the effort. She landed on the platform glaring at the seel. The back and forth of ice and electricity began. Webs and ice where scattered across the surface of the water and platforms.