Chapter 9

Randall woke up in the morning first and saw Leo asleep on his brother's bed. He got up from the cot. His footing was a little wobbly at first, with the drug still a little in his system. He went over to see Mikey waking up.

"Mike?" Randall said.

"Ran...dall?" Mikey moaned.

"You alright?"

"A little."

Randall smiled. Then he walked to the other side of the bed and with his fingers, he nudged Leo awake.

"Hmm?" Leo moaned.

"He's awake." Randall said.

Leo snapped awake at that. And as he saw Randall up on his feet, it was clear he was going to be just fine.

"Mikey! You're awake!" Leo said happily. He took Mikey's left hand in his. "You gave us quite a scare little brother."

Then the others came in. "How is he?" Raph asked.

"He just woke up." Leo replied.

"That is good." Splinter said.

"How are your hands this morning?" Don asked Randall.

Randall felt his hands burning and throbbing. He bared his teeth. "They hurt."

"I can give you some pain pills." Don said.

Randall was given some ibuprofen and he washed it down with some water. His fingers weren't damaged too bad. It had been mostly his palms that were burned. But his lower right wrist really hurt.

"How are you feeling, Mikey?" Leo asked.

"Is it time for breakfast?"

This made them all smile. He was hurt and he still had an appetite. This was the typical Mikey.

When he was helped to sit up, Klunk got off the bed. His left side hurt, but he could move. There was a small bandage strapped down by tape over the wound.

"How bad was the damage, Don?" Mikey asked.

"Some tissue was damaged and your intestine was just barely missed. So your organs are fine." Don said. "You are out of training for the next week."

Mikey liked the sound of that. Sometimes he didn't like training anyway. He could be doted on. And he wouldn't be alone. He would have Randall for company too, considering his three hurt hands. Randall would have limited use of lifting with only one good hand.

Don estimated it could take a week to ten days for the burns to heal, or slightly longer. He would change the bandages daily. But it could take the wrist up to a month anyway to heal, or longer, depending on how good a monster's ability to heal from a broken bone was.

The others all knew what Mikey was like when he was sick or injured. He could often act like a big baby. Raph often was the most annoyed by it. But they had yet to see how Randall acted while he was injured.
...............

Mikey got to dominate the living room for the next week. Randall was by his side. The two of them did lounge around. But Mikey was more the annoying one, always asking to be doted on like he couldn't do anything for himself.

Even Randall got annoyed with him. If he got too annoying, Randall left him alone to go do something else. He would often go talk to one of the others. He still did help Don too, with his one good hand, he would hand him tools.

Despite his injured hands, Randall protected his hands from touch, but he didn't act like a little baby like his friend was. He took it all seriously.