CHAPTER 5

general POV
Kim makes it back down to her car and settles in, putting her seatbelt on and adjusting the mirrors to how she would like. She was about to turn the key in the ignition to start her car when she hears her phone ring. she reaches over and grabs her phone to see who is calling her. she sees that it is hank calling so she picks the phone up thinking they have a case and she has to go in.

"hey hank, i can be at the district in like ten minutes. how bad is the case?" she says assuming they have a case and has to go in.

"wow wow wow! slow down kid, we don't have a case." that's one of the many things i like about that kid she is always willing to help out at work. "i just wanted to check in, see how you are holding up after hailey."

"Oh ahah sorry about that." Now I feel really stupid. "umm yeah i'm doing fine, I actually visited her today. So thinks for the idea."

"Of course kiddo, and just to let you know if you ever need someone to talk to I am here for you." I say just to be general.

"I know, thank you!" I reply with. "Hey Voight, would you mind if i stopped by the district? I have some work to catch up on." I
actually have barely any paperwork to catch up on, I just can't sit in my apartment all day and think back of all the things that would've made the conversation between Hails and I better.

"Kim having work to catch up on? That's something I rarely ever hear, but yeah of course you can stop by and get some paperwork done!"

"Alright i will be there in like ten minutes. Talk to you later, bye!"

"Bye kid, drive safe!"

And with that the call is ended. Kim continues with what she was doing before she got a phone call. She puts on some music and starts the ten minute drive to the district.

Ten minutes later.

She pulls into the lot out back of the district.  Kim quickly finds a parking spot, and parks her car. She slowly gets out of her car and makes her way to the district. Going through the back door to avoid as much human contact as possible. Kim gets up to the bullpen and takes a seat at her desk.

I am filled with relief as i walk into the bullpen and nobody is there. I look up at the white board to try to get a gist of the case the team is working on right now. The case seems pretty big with Ruzek going under cover and Halstead being his ghost. I am a little confused why they didn't call me in to help with the case, cause i would of came to help. I grab my radio then move to go sit at my desk. Once at my desk i sit down and turn the radio on. Thinking how i really don't have paperwork to catch up on i just didn't want to sit in my apartment all day, i mine as well see if any calls are made that patrol or Intelligence needs backup.

1 hour later

I walk back into the district with the team, it's more of a limp. This is because i got into a physical altercation with the suspect resulting in him getting a few punches on me and twisting my leg so i could not run after him. As soon as we make it into the bullpen I see Kim asleep at her desk. I find it really cute cause she looks so peaceful while she is sleeping. I walk over to her and carry her to the sofa in the break room so she can have a little more privacy and comfort. I find a blanket and place it over Kim, making sure no one is looking i kiss her on the forehead and walk out to my desk. Hank quickly goes over what happened and that it went okay, and asking if we were all fine especially me from the altercation. As soon as Voight was about to finish we all hear someone yell!

"Hailey no!!!" We hear this coming from the break room over and over again. I tell everyone to stay in there seats and i will go see what's wrong.

"Adam maybe i should come just in case. I have had some experience with post traumatic night terrors." Jay says standing up. I think he should let me come because once when Ruzek woke me up from a night terror i got a few punches on him.

" Yeah okay, Jay that's a good idea. Thank you!" I'm actually really grateful that he said he would come cause once I woke Jay up and he punched me in the face. "Jay do you know if she is going to be embarrassed?" I ask.

"Umm yeah, she might be embarrassed. But i mean we are all like family so it will be okay. Let's go so she doesn't have to keep reliving this dream."

Both Jay and I walk into the break room to see Kim shaking and screaming every minute or so in her sleep. Jay goes to stand by the sofa and i go and sit on the armchair of the sofa. I start to gently rub Kim's back while Halstead lightly says her name. After Jay says Kim a little louder she jolts up in the sofa, and immediately starts sobbing.

" Hey Kim it's okay, it was only a night terror. You're okay." I say as I move off the arm chair and onto the sofa right next to her.

"Kim may I please sit in the sofa with you guys?" Jay questions. She slightly nods her head yes and let's him move onto the sofa.

" I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean for hailey to get shot and i didn't mean for you guys to have to help me. I'm so sorry." Kim says in a sob. Her knees tucked to her chest.

"Kim what happened to Hailey wasn't your fault, and none of the team blame you. Is that what was bothering you in the dream? Cause i have this great therapist from when i used to have night terrors, she really helped me."

"Yes that is part of what has been bothering me recently, but I think i will pass on the therapist." she says a little embarrassed.

"Okay Kim, but if you ever need someone to talk to, I am pretty sure the whole team would stop whatever they are doing to help you."

"Thanks guys! We have paperwork to do so let's focus on that."

And with that they all go back to their desks and work on paperwork. Kim not having much paperwork decides that she will help Adam out with all of his overdue work!