Chapter One

A/N- that playlist gave me a lot of inspiration. so listen to it. i think it's also on spotify and any other music streaming apps.

~~~~~

It had been a whole year since she last saw Elijah. Now she was standing in front of her father. Someone she never wanted to see ever again.

"Father?" Your eyes widened, and so did Lexi's.

"Hello darling." He said. He was dressed in a suit.

"Come on Lexi." You pulled Lexi by the arm. But your father stood right in your way.

"Now is that anyway to greet your father."

"You are not my father. Your a piece of shit. You were never a father to me or Katherine. You beat mother till she could barely stand. You would hit me and Katherine for doing something wrong. I don't ever want to see you again nor does Katherine so go back to wherever the hell you came from and stay the fuck away from me." You yelled. You pushed past him with Lexi.

"You'll see me again." He called after you guys.

You sped up your walking. You finally reached your house. You called out for Katherine to tell her your father was back.

"What do you mean he's back?!" She asked pacing around the room rubbing her temples.

"I don't know why. But it can't be good. I told him off but he said he would see us again." You said.

"He is not coming nowhere near us." She said. Lexi was confused because she didn't to now the whole story about your father. You and Katherine told her the whole story.

She fully understood now.

"Our mother killed herself because she couldn't stand being with him." You said.

"He sounds like a monster." Lexi stated.

You poured yourself a drink.

"He is." You said taking a drink. Though you didn't have much in the bottle.

"I need a drink." You said grabbing your jacket.

"We can come with you." Katherine suggested.

"No. I'm fine. I need to get over my fear of everything and everyone." You said.

"Alright call us if you need anything." Lexi said.

"Don't worry I will." You said before walking out the door. You walked to the Grill. You recognized a familiar back. You took your place beside him. You sighed with a blank face on your face.

"Bourbon." You told Matt.

"That kind of a night huh?" Damon said.

"Yep." You sighed. Matt gave you your drink.

"Well then cheers." Damon held up his glass to clink it with yours. You downed your drink. You were snapped from your thoughts when the chair beside you screeched you turned slightly gasping. Then an angry expression was on your face. You turned to look back at the bar.

"What are you doing here." You said your voice laced with venom.

"Well I told you I'd see you again. Didn't I?" He said.

"Do you know him?" Damon spoke up.

"This is would be my father." You spat.

"Oh- Well then it's a plea-" You cut him off.

"You do not need to be polite to him. He's nothing to me. For all I care he can drive himself off of Wickery Bridge and put us all out of our misery." You said through your teeth.

"Do you really hate me that much." He laughed.

You were so angry that your eyes brimmed with tears no sad tears, angry tears.

Play Praying by Kesha. it inspired this dialogue between Aaliyah and her father.

"You can go to hell." You said getting up. Damon became more protective of you. He glared at your father.

"I'm here to make amends. I'm- Im sorry Aaliyah." He said but you could tell he was lying.

"Well you almost had me fooled. Told me that I was nothing without you, and after everything you've done. I can thank you for how strong I have become." You said in a loud voice. Now everyone was watching.

"Cause you brought the flames and you put me through hell, I had to learn how to fight for myself. And we both know all the truth I can tell. I'll just say this, I wish you farewell." You practically cried out. You grabbed Damon's arm and left the Grill with your father hot on your trails.

"What happened between you two?" Damon asked.

"I want you to stay away from my daughter I know your reputation. Damon Salvatore." Your father said coming out of the restaurant which made you both stop walking and turn to face him.

"You can stay away from the both of us. Your a disgusting monster." You said your voice laced with venom again.

"Or what?" He said stepping closer. Damon stepped in front of you making your father face him.

"Is that a threat?" Damon said through his heath trying to keep his temper under control.

"And you Aaliyah what have you done with your life? Nothing. You don't even have a damn job." Your father spat.

"I'm proud of who I am. No more monsters, I can breath again. And you said that I was done." You were on the brink of crying.

"Well you were wrong, the best is yet to come!" You yelled.

"You won't be able to make it anywhere." He scoffed.

Damon was growing angrier by the second but you put your hand up stopping Damon.

"I can make it on my own. I don't need you I found a strength I've never known!" Tears started to spill as memories started coming back.

"IVE BEEN THROWN OUT! IVE BEEN BURNED!" You cried out. Damon stood there in shock he never knew the story. Only Katherine and Lexi knew.

"But when Im finished, they even know your name!" You yelled.

"Oh what are you gonna do?" Your father laughed.

"YOU BROUGHT THE FLAMES AND YOU PUT ME THROUGH HELL, I HAD TO LEARN HOW TO FIGHT FOR MYSELF!" You repeated what you said in the Grill. People were turning their heads at the scene.

"And we both know all the truth I can tell. So I say this and wish you farewell. Now get the hell out of my life." You sniffled. You weren't crying because you were said. You were angry, filled with rage. Your past was a dark place.

"I hope your somewhere praying. I hope your soul is changing." You said.

"And sometimes I pray for you and I. Someday maybe you will see the light. And some say your gonna get what you give! But some things only God can forgive." You yelled.

"I hope you find your peace. Falling on your knees. Praying." You muttered before walking away with Damon. Your father just stood there.

—————

A/N- first chapter! everything will be explained soon. like i said this book is going to go more into Aaliyah's past same with Elijah's. i haven't quite figured out what i'm going to make for Elijah's last but i will figure it out. i'm enjoying making this story. ahh!! love you all!  xx