Chapter Seven

Elijah and Klaus were having fun. Elijah was 16 and Klaus was 14. They had grown up in and around the Mafia. They started training at a very young age.

Elijah and Klaus were just play fighting and playing with some throwing knives. Mikael and Esther saw them playing. Mikael was furious about how they were just 'playing'. Klaus had managed to disarm Elijah and pin him down.

"Mikael leave them be." Esther said but Mikael ignored her. He walked up to the boys.

"So, what are you doing?" Mikael said i'm annoyed tone.

"We were just playing father." Klaus lowered his head. Elijah had stepped back a little.

"Why don't you teach me your technique?" He picked up a longer blade off of the table.

"Come on." Mikael egged on.

Klaus just stood there. Then Mikael swung the blade but it clashed with Klaus's little one.

"Teach me!" He said a little louder.

"We were just having fun." Klaus said.

"Then teach me on how to have fun! I want to have fun!" He growled and sung his blade from left to right but Klaus had blocked all of them then he swept Klaus off his feet and pinned him to the ground with the blade at his throat.

"We do not have time for 'fun'. We do not have fun we train, we fight and we kill if need be, boy." Mikael growled.

"I'm sorry father." Klaus whimpered.

Mikael got up from Klaus. Elijah was standing just there. Mikael walked up to Elijah and backhanded him. Elijah grunted, he felt his lip bust.

"You should know better." Mikael sneered.

———

It had been a few days since you had arrived at the Compound. You met Elijah's other siblings, Freya the oldest and Finn you met. You had to say that family had good genetics. You also knew that their family had some bad-blood between Lucien and Tristan.

You didn't really speak to Elijah at all. You knew it was childish that you were avoiding him but you were still mad about how he left things with you. You knew that you really weren't together but you were still pretty upset. You had gotten a tour of the Compound from Klaus. He was very charming towards you. You really didn't have a thing for him though.

You were walking around the Compound today. Then you heard some familiar voices. But before you could clarify the voices you were pushed against a wall with your mouth covered. You were about ready to put up a fight when you noticed it was Elijah. You sighed a little. He put a finger up to lips to shh you. Then he dropped his hand.

"They don't know you're here. Let's keep it that way." He whispered. You nodded.

He kept you both like that for some time. You couldn't help but look at him. His hair was unusually messy, he had a little bit of a stubble. He had eye bags under his eyes. He still wore his suits, though he only had a blue button up and dress pants on today. His shirt sleeves were rolled up. He was very close to you, then you looked into his eyes. They were still that chocolate brown you remembered. He was so much taller then you, he stood a good foot and 2" taller then you. When you looked back at his eyes they were already looking at yours.

Some chatter went on in the other room.

Elijah had both arms next to your head supporting his weight. There was maybe a good foot distance between you two. When the chatter stopped you pushed up form the wall and pushed past Elijah before he could say anything to you.