Chapter Three

A/N- changing Katherine and Aaliyah's father's name. His name is now Alexander.

You practically dragged Damon back to his house. He kept asking questions about your father and everything. You promised him you would tell him about it when you guys got back to his house.

You got back to his house and poured yourself and Damon a drink then went and sat down on the couch.

"Alright what happened?" He asked.

"Well it started when I was just a little girl and Katherine was a little older then me. My father was always an angry man and had a bad temper. He used to hit our mom when she would do something wrong, then he started to abuse us." Your eyes started tearing up. Damon rubbed your shoulder.

"And well it became very frequent. Katherine and my mom tried their best to protect me but it was no use. He would just hit us, then he found a knew way to hurt us or me in particular, he never liked me. He started off burning me with his cigarettes but then he would stick a poker in the fire and then burn me with that instead. I got the worst of it." You sniffled taking another sip from your drink.

"I never knew why he hated me so much. When I would go to school and see kids with their parents and how good they treated them, I envied them. It made me angry. By the time I was 15 and Katherine was 17 we had scars and bruises covering most of our bodies. He was into some bad shit and was in debt so he sold me to a buyer when I turned 16. I didn't spend a lot of time their because I escaped but I was beaten and tortured really only a use for an outlet. That's when I moved in with Lexi. I never really told her because I didn't want her mixed up in it just incase the past came back. To which it did." You said.

(A/N- hey i feel like this story is kind of all over the place. can you guys comment whether or not this is all over the place and if i need to change anything or explain anything.)

Damon poured you a drink. After talking for a few hours you fell asleep on his couch.

*flashback*

You and Katherine were walking around town laughing and having fun. You both walked home noticing a few strange cars in the driveway. You both went inside the house and your father was talking to two men.

"Papá whats going on?" Katherine asked.

"Katherine, Aaliyah be good children for once and shut up and go to your rooms." He snapped.

"Yes, Papá." You both said.

You both went into your room.

"What do you think they are talking about?" You asked Katherine.

"I don't know. But you know Papá, he's always working." Katherine said.

"I hate him." You said looking at a cigarette scar on your arm.

"Me too. But we stick together." Katherine said. You nodded.

Then the same two men opened the door. You and Katherine jumped up from the bed. You kind of hid behind her.

"Let's go." One of them grabbed Katherine. She cried out.

"No!" You said grabbing Katherine's arm. But the other man grabbed you.

"Let go of me!" You cried out.

They dragged you both out of your room. You were both crying and screaming.

"Please! Mamá?!" You screamed.

Your mom came out i of her room.

"What are you doing Alexánder?!" She yelled.

"Getting rid of useless things." He said lighting a cigar. You and Katherine screamed out.

"PLEASE MAMÁ! DONT LET THEM!" You both screamed as the two men dragged you both down the stairs.

"Please Alex!" She went to grab his arm, instead he grabbed her wrist.

"Don't touch me woman." He growled at her. She began to cry.

"MAMÁ!" You cried grabbing onto the railing.

"NOO!!" You screamed.

"STOP!" You screamed.

"Aaliyah!" Someone was calling out.

"Aaliyah!"

"Aaliyah!"

*end of flashback*

"Aaliyah!" Damon was shaking you.

You jolted up breathing and looking around frantically. You were breathing heavily. You became aware of where you were and looked at Damon.

"Damon?" You said in a quiet tone.

"It was just a nightmare." He rubbed your back.

Your forehead was drenched with sweat. Your breathing slowed down. Damon has sat down on the couch and pulled you in to a side hug.

"What were you dreaming?" He asked.

"About my past." You sniffled.

"You were calling out 'Mama' and 'Stop'." He said.

"It was when me and Katherine were taken away from our home." You sighed.

Damon got up and made you some tea.

"Thanks." You said as he handed you a cup.

———————————————

You fell asleep not long after you drank the tea Damon gave you. You were grateful to him for being there for you. You were never this close with Stefan and to be honest you missed Stefan. You haven't really talked lately.

You didn't have anymore nightmares that night. But you couldn't stop wondering why your father was back in town. But what you did know is you never wanted to see him again.

You went back to your place the next day and thanked Damon for letting you crash at his place. When you got back Katherine and Lexi were already up.

"Where were you?! We thought something happened when you didn't come home." Katherine said.

"I crashed at Damon's by accident." You said sitting down on the sofa.

"Did anything happen last night?" Lexi asked.

"Well I encountered father again." You said. Katherine sighed.

"What happened?" Katherine asked.

"Basically that I was nothing and wouldn't make it anywhere." You shrugged.

"And what did you say?" Lexi said.

"Told him to go to hell and stay out of our lives. Damon was there so we went back to his place and I told him everything." You said.

Katherine nodded.