.14.

"Oh he's going to die." Mia affirmed when I came out of the bathroom in a two piece, leather, lace up top and shorts. I had on chunky heeled thigh high boots to match with it. I popped in my large silver hoops and tossed my messy hair a few times. My makeup was smokey and dark; a burgundy lip paired with a classic smoky eye and thick cat liner. Despite the fact the Dom and I were back on good terms, I wasn't going to shy away from my plan. He's genuine apology made it that much sweeter. A bittersweet as I still intended to firmly jab the extension of his words through to him. He had a problem with guys handling me yet didn't feel shame throwing occasional glances at some of these skanky types. I wondered how he feel if I embraced the full vibe and became a starting girl. That's right. No racing for me this year though I desired nothing more I decided to be starter which actually paid a decent dime itself.
"What I'm counting on." I added as I gave myself one this glance over.
"You know he'll kill me for being involved in this right."
I shook my head, "Bloods thicker than water Mia. You'll be fine. I'm the one throwing my head on a chopping block but it's worth it."
"To just annoy the shit out of him right."
"Yeah, to a point."
"Didn't want to avoid attention from Brian though?" She raised a brow and my body tensed a little bit. He had gotten back later than everyone else so I hadn't quite seen him yet. He called me three times but I ignored him. Letty later confirmed to him that I was fatigued and needed to rest and would see him tomorrow. I didn't know how to place this and the three obvious circles he made around Doms house last night didn't help me brainstorm. I didn't want to play dumb but needed to in order to keep Dom from being suspicious. I didn't cut people out of my life for no reason.
"Believe me I've thought of that."
"He really worried about you, you know, when he called Letty."
"Didn't you guys both agree, yesterday, that he was a lying bastard and deserved to be "hung."
She rolled eyes playfully, "Yeah because he did lie to us and hurt you in the process. I don't know he just seemed like he really cared."
"Thats what their trained to do Mia; I know better than anyone."
She nodded her head and with that we drove off to the Race Wars.
________________________________
Cat calls erupted from the crowd when Mia and I stepped out of her import. I never felt so visually groped in my life. We quickly spotted Letty and the gang. The only person I didn't see was Vince. Either he'd come later or was still fired up about his spat with Dom and Brian. Letty had filled me in on those details as well.
"Hey girl." Letty greeted with a warm smile as she hugged me.
"Good luck. Though you don't need it." I smiled and winked back at her. Dom turned and immediately gazed me over from head to toe. I saw his face tense up as he observed my ensemble.
"What are you wearing?" He mumbled while leaning in to give me a side hug.
"Oh this." I pretended not to notice my revealing costume, "Just uniform really. I'll be starting some of the races today." I heard him grunt underneath his breathe and could see him with holding back some irritation.
"Just don't wander to far off." He added as he took in the magnitude of the crowd.
I smiled innocently, "I promise." And gave him a kiss on the cheek before greeting Leon and Jesse. Jesse didn't really have much of an issue with what I was wearing. Leon, however, couldn't stop gawking. Eventually, he earned a smack to the head by Dom for looking to much.
As some of the races began to start I was feeling some excitement and relief. The sounds of the engines and fuel really felt like home hear but the feelings of anxiety came rushing back all to soon when I heard a familiar voice call out my name, "Charlie!"
Oh please not now I thought in my mind as I turned around to face a surprised and shocked Brian.
"Are you alright?" He asked while gripping ahold of my upper arms firmly.
"Yeah I'm fine." I lied completely scrunching my face up as I pulled away from his grasp.
"I looked everywhere for you after you left. Why have you been ignoring my calls?"
"It's not a big deal Brian. I'm alright I-"
"Yo! Heads up Guys we got problems!" Leon voice echoed through the crowd. Letty and Dom immediately followed him; I brushed past Brian to follow Letty and Dom. Jesses car was racing away in the distance.
"He just raced Tran for slips!"
My eyes widened as I looked between Dom and Letty. Why the hell would Jesse do that?
"Where's he going?" Johnny Tran and his crew suddenly emerged through the crowd.
"Oh what's it to you Johnny. I spat out and Dom immediately came by my side.
"He's taking to the car wash." I was impressed at how calm Dom was trying to be in this situation. Johnnys attention quickly shifted from Dom and towards me. His eyes trailed me up and down lustfully. He smirked lightly, I see well...You better go fetch my car." He directed towards Dom before gazing over me again.
"And you might want to watch your mouth Princess. Never know what kind of trouble it may get you into." I rolled my eyes as Dom gave Tran the death stare.
"Go fetch your car?" Dom repeated in disbelief as he gestured towards Johnny before circling around him and his boys.
"We ain't on your block anymore so you better watch who you're talking to like that."
Johnny was really just trying to piss Dom off at this point. However, it was getting on my nerves more than Doms. I couldn't stand Tran. I wished he'd been apart of the drug bust years back. This guy really deserved to rot. Amongst the stand off I felt a hand slide into the small of back, The familiar touch made me tense up as a slight shiver was sent up my spine. I glanced upwards. Brian was hovering behind me, his jaw firmly locked, and eyes fixated on Johnny.
Trans eyes trailed over me one last time before smirking at Dom.
"Well if you don't give me my car.... I have been known to except other forms of payment."
My mouth went slightly agape as Brian jumped in front of me.
"Like shit you will." He chimed in unexpectedly. Pushing me back behind him protectively. I definitely didn't want to be a toy of Trans but I wasn't overly fond of Brian at the moment either.
Dom gave a glare at Johnny before turning around and walking away.
"Toretto!!" Johnny called out to Dom as we walked away.
"SWAT came into my house! Disrespected my whole family! Because somebody narked on me!" Johnny came face to face to Dom as he continued yelling, "And you know what? It was you!"
It didn't take second for Doms fist to connect with Trans face. Some of his gang members lunged forward to us, ready to fight. I shoved my way past Brian, kicking away one of the guys that had gone after Dom as Tran fell into the dirt. My thick heel made contact with his face causing him to holler out in pain. Two hands clenched ahold of my face and ripped me backwards, "Stay out of it." Brian scolded as he drug me back a few feet away from the scuffle.
"No, I stomped my foot before gesturing towards Trans. That asshole deserves a beating!"
"Let Dom take care of this." He said again, more concerned this time.
"I can defend myself! I'm not going to let him fight my battles for me."
"Why are you determined to fight Tran."
"Because that asshole tried to rape me!"
Never thought that instance would ever arise again. Some short memories of that night flooded my mind. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. Trans had a higher jurisdiction back then. Felt he could take whatever he wanted. That was the day Dom and the team, quite literally, saved my life. Without knowing my history or true identity they came to the aid of an outsider. That day I dropped the act of a wannabe cop and disconnected all ties with my past life. Only a few people I kept in touch with; these few had my back and made sure the agency never came after me or intervened with Dom and the gang again.
I looked away from him as the tears grew large. He cupped my cheek with his and tilted my face back up towards him.
"I didn't nark on nobody!" Dom began shouting repeatedly. Dom didn't nark but I knew who did. Two tears fell onto my cheeks as I stood helpless in the situation. So much anger and pain shifting inside me. Brian kissed my forehead as I turned my attention, away from Dom and outbreaking fight, back towards him. He pulled me in closer towards his chest, attempting to make me feel secure but it didn't. As much as I wanted to feel safe with him I couldn't. Not after he lied to all of us like he did. Nothings real. Was all I kept repeating in my mind to myself.
________________________________