.24.

I chewed on the inner corner of my lip as we drove up to the meeting place an inner city party scene. As I emerged from the driver's seat of my Mustang, Dom was immediately by my side. I strode ahead in confidence as some of the eyes of the other competitors groped over me. There were two hispanic men and an African American one and one blonde guy with a mullet. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as he whispered in the ears of two barely dressed blondes. Brian trailed behind both of us as we waited for further details on the race at hand. We went inside a small building deep within the cityscape. The other drivers began to murmur amongst each other over the risks of the run and great rewards that were potentially at the end of it.
I leaned in towards Doms ear and whispered,"Novatos." He pursed a smile as he glanced over the other men in the building.
"Vitória fácil." He replied with a small smirk, "Lembre-se do que discutimos, Angel."
Suddenly a voice called out to Dom and I,
"Angel? This isn't a place for Angels only racers?" Our gazes darted over to two men with giant egos.
"She's got too pretty of a face to be in a business such as this. The hispanic man on the left said before looking at his friend for a moment. His gaze shifted from his friend and up my body. I could feel the tension radiating off of Dom. However, we all agreed to avoid making any scenes while we were here.
"Are you sure you're not here for something else?" He questioned suggestively as his eyes took another pan over my body.
"Why don't you back off?" Brians voice rose from over my shoulder before I could reply.
I clenched my jaw at his poor attempt to defend.
"Other than too smoke your asses, no." I sneered at them intently.
"Ella es una mezcla de fuego y hielo." The man on the right stated with a sly smile.
"Y metal." I jested back as I flicked open on of the knives I had in my waist.
"You better watch yourself Princess." The man to my left snapped immediately but his comment was interrupted by the sound of clicking heels.
"Good Evening." A voice rose from the distance as an Israeli woman in black leather approached us from the darkened section of the dimly lit building
"This way." The woman gestured towards the direction she came as she scanned over each of us. I set off towards her immediately with Dom and Brian on either side of me.
We made our way down a corridor and up to a higher level of the building. Coming down a dim hallway we turned off into a room of glass walls where a hispanic man was playing golf on the in door range. The room was silent other than occasional cheers from the hispanic man each time he made a decent swing.
"You all know why you are here. Good drivers are a dime a dozen. Every corners got some chingadera racing for pinks. That's not what Bragas looking for." The man turned around to look at us and smile before taking another swing. "Braga is looking for someone who would sell their abuelita to get behind the wheel. Someone who drives their ten second cars not in a straight line but to push it and take it all the places no one else will take it. Real drivers."
"So what are we hauling?" Dom questioned with a slight smirk.
"For the money Bragas paying you, you don't need to know that."
"You just said you wanted real drivers. A real driver knows exactly whats in his car."
Dom wasn't wrong about that.
A dark skinned man who had been in the room suddenly stood up and approached Dom, "Nobody's forcing you to race." He sneered his eyes scanned over Dom waiting for a reaction. He didn't expect to get one from me instead.
"And nobody asked you to speak." A jested with a nod towards the dark skinned and heavily tattooed man. His eyes shot towards me as he glared but I wasn't intimidated.
"If you were the one in charge you'd have addressed us from the beginning."
The hispanic man began to smile and I saw Dom shoot me a light smirk before giving me a look of warning to can it on the comebacks and watch my mouth.
"She's right." Dom nodded towards the man, "Are you the boss? Or am I talking to the boss?"
The dark man narrowed his gaze at Dom, "Do I like the boss?" He asked intimidatingly.
"Papi," the hispanic man called out, "My job is to find the best racers, period."
He quickly gestured towards me and smiled, "And you have a lot of confidence. I like that."
I gave a confident smile towards Dom and the dark skinned man.
"Whoever wins the race gets the info. Are we cool?"
"Yeah." Dom nodded as the Israeli woman came around and began passing us each an instructional device that would outline the race.
Stick to the plan....Doms words echoed in my mind. The "plan" was to let Brian win so he could please his hire ups but that's the plan he wanted not the one Dom and I agreed upon. Dom was going to win the race and I was supposed to make sure Brian came in second and looked good so they both could get it. Braga would most likely hire a few drivers from the race. However, I had a plan of my own. Brian might get ahead of me at the beginning of the run but he sure wasn't ending there. No way in hell I was letting him win. This was my job and Doms. We are going to find out what happened to Letty ourselves.
________________________________
"Please wait while directions are downloaded." Said the automated voice from the GPS that was given to us. I ran my nails across the rim of the steering wheel as engines began to rev. I looked over at Dom who nodded at me before turning his head the other direction, to look at Brian, "You sure you wanna do this?"
He asked which caused me to grit my teeth together.
"Proceed to the highlighted route. Ten, nine, eight, seven." Began the countdown as the engine reving became louder.
"A lot has changed." I heard Brians voice reply in between revs.
I gripped ahold of the wheel tight and narrowed my gaze on the street in front of me,
"Five, four, three....two...one...go!"
My foot slammed on the gas in perfect unison with the start signal. My Mustang reved off and popped a quick wheely before slamming back down on the pavement. It sped ahead the rest of competitors. Dom and Brian neck in neck behind me.
"Right turn ahead." The female voice called from the device. Dom sped up next to me as we approached the turn. Him and I hit the corner perfectly while others began to fall behind and weave in and out of incoming traffic.
"You are now five miles from your destination."
The voice acknowledged.
"Not for long sweetheart." I smirked at the system as I continued to hammer on the gas. Suddenly, Brian came up behind me, hitting the turn to sharp, which caused another car to spin out and crash into a divider.
"Damn son." I called out from inside car with wide as he raced forward to catch up with Dom who was speeding ahead of me. I let the car relax so Dom could cut in and take the lead but as soon as Brian came near my side I cut in front of him,
"Hell no Buster." I cackled before torpedoing ahead whipping into the next right turn. Brian missed the turn again causing his car to rear end some else. The car he hit then spun and T-boned into a vehicle that was coming up on my left side. I flipped off the driver when I saw it was the hispanic man who had been making advances at me. His eyes widened in rage as he car been to verve off uncontrollably.
"You are 2.6 miles from your destination." Dom, Brian and I were in the lead now. Dom was launching ahead and Brian began to do some evasive maneuvers to catch up with him. As we barreled down the street, Brian came up on my left in attempt to pass me. We exchanged glances at each other when he came beside me. I hammered on the gas pushing him off the main street and onto an off ramp that appeared out of know where.
"Shit!" I gasped as I swerved away from the ramp. Brians car went flying up in the air a few feet and began to spin around slowly. I gasped in shock when he landed on the road beside me, backwards, the front of his car facing the back of mine. My mouth was slightly agape when I made eye contact with him. He gave a slight smirk and shot me a wink before whipping the car back around. I narrowed my gaze at the rear of his car,
"Oh, so that's how you wanna play this?" I took a fast opportunity to cut through an alleyway and race ahead of him. I watch his car speed ahead and at just the right moment I cut a corner and hit my NOS launching me forward, back on to the Main Street, just three inches ahead of Brians car. I smirked in my mirror when the GPS called out, "You are now a quarter mile from your destination." The last leg would be pretty simple now and I had a reserve of NOS if things got sketchy. It was risky blowing NOS twice but I wasn't risking loosing this run. I was right on Doms tail, about to move next to him when I felt someone hammer into my bumper. My car halfway stalled as it began to drift too the side. I quickly straightened it out and furiously eyed Brian who was flying past me and almost next to Dom. Dom floored it over the line first like I knew he would, Brian came in a few seconds behind him and I drifted over the line in third.
"Now that's real driving." The man with the tattoos and identifiable mohawk stated as he and the Israeli woman came towards us.
"Nah, that's bullshit man." Brian huffed obviously pissed that he got nearly left in the gutter.
"Nah," I objected while storming up towards the both of them, "The only things that bullshit is you rear ending like you did!" I shoved him backwards immediately. Dom quickly grabbed ahold of my upper arm before I could do or say anything else to him.
"Settle down." He whispered sternly in my ear before pulling me to the other side of him.
"Go home and cry to your mama." The tattooed man snorted at Brian before turning to Dom.
"You work for Braga now." Dom nodded towards the man confidently.
"Braga also has a place for you." The mans eyes drifted up and down my figure observingly.
"We could use an assistant when it comes to schematics." He quickly nodded towards the lean and long legged Israeli woman beside him, "Braga always appreciates a woman of fire and passion." I could have eye rolled at his words but I wanted the job desperately. I lightly glanced back over my shoulder and noticed the anxiety and disapproval rising in Brians eyes.
"Im in." I smiled confidently at the man. Brians disapproval made the acceptance that much sweeter.
"Ill need IDs." The woman announced to the both of us. I pulled out my wallet and handed the I.D to her.
"Welcome aboard Miss Jadden." She nodded at me slowly analyzing my face for any signs of fear or doubt.
"It's Charlie." I stated back unfazed by her slight skepticism and cool demeanor.
"Gisele." She said back with a slight nod towards me before proceeding over to Dom.
"When the GPS calls you answer." The man confirmed. Dom and I both nodded and a wave of satisfaction swept over me when I heard the sound of Brians car speeding away. Maybe next time rookie.....
________________________________
Hope y'all enjoyed it!!
Updates coming as quick as I can. I have a follow up with my surgeon tomorrow morning
Please comment your thoughts so far! The motivation really helps me!
-Nyx 🤍🖤

Novatos - Rookies

Vitória fácil - Easy Win

Lembre-se do que discutimos, angel-
Just remember what we discussed Angel

Ella es una mezcla de fuego y hielo - She is a mix of fire and ice.