.31.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my bedroom door slamming shut.
"Good morning to you to." I witted as Brian came in to the room. He grabbed his white shirt off the chair and put it on without saying a word.

"Are you okay?" I tilted my head to the side as I sat up and began analyzing his body language.
"You better get dressed we leave in an hour to meet Campos."

Glancing over at the clock and back at Brian it was obvious something had him upset.
"I'm well aware of when we have to leave. What's bothering you?"

He gave a frustrated sigh before looking at me coldly, "Where'd you go last night?"

"What makes you think I went somewhere?"

"Don't play dumb with me Charlie. I'm not
stupid I heard you leave last night."

"Okay so what if I did. This might come as a big surprise to you Brian but you don't own me. You don't control me."

"Maybe not but I am in charge of protecting you but you never let me."

"Protecting me doesn't me holding me hostage in my own house, Brian." I was standing beside the bed with my arms fold over my chest.
Brian strode over and got very close to my face.

His jaw was clenched and began pointing out my bedroom window towards the street,
"Something could have happened to Charlie and no one would have known about it."

"Are you actually mad that I left to go find Dom? I mean really what else did you expect me to do!"

"No, I'm mad that you didn't trust my judgment. Or my word that he would be okay. Nothing I say ever seems to be good enough."

My mouth went agape as he stormed back over to the other side of the bed and pulled out his converse from underneath it.

"That's bullshit and you know it." I gritted my teeth together as I spoke, "I do trust you Brian but I needed to find him." A few tears formed in my eyes as my last statement came out without warning, "He's....he's all I got left."
I didn't fully mean it the way it sounded. I lost all my family. Dom was my only family left here with me right now. Yes, Mia was around too but she was hiding out until we fixed things. Doms the only familiarity I have left.

"Yeah, You've made that clear multiple times." He mumbled while putting on his shoes.

I crossed my arms over my chest again
"And What's supposed to mean?"

Brian jumped up from the chair immediately with aggression. He pointed at me firmly while clenching his jaw,
"That you don't want anyone else looking after you but him."

"That's not true. I care about you both, ALOT. I don't just need him in my life, Brian. I need you too!

He turned away from me and drug a hand over his face
"We need to go."

"Are you actually going to leave me right now? In the middle of this."

"Hey I didn't start this.-"
"Bullshit you didn't start it!"

"Look! I'm leaving because we have a job to do and you need to get ready for it."

A gave a small sigh before smiling bitterly, "It really ticks you that you have to share me huh."

"You flashing yourself around and being in harms way isn't my idea of sharing you." He snarked back.

"You see there it is. Funny how you have such a big issue with Dom when you and him are practically the same. You guys both think everything I do is for attention or to get purposely knocked up or shot at. Everything I do is for my family! Just like the rest of you but I don't ever get respected for it. I just get shit on!"  With that I strode over to my closet pushing in out of my way. I jerked the doors open and pulled out my short-sleeve fishnet top, leather jacket and black jeans. Might as well give them what they all assume.