.23.

A rattling sound outside the garage door caught my attention. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and rested my head up against the side of the 70s Charger. I purposely hid behind the vehicle in hopes of avoiding anyone that tried knocking on the door. The rattling continued a few moments but soon silence fell back over the garage. I pulled my knees into my chest,
"Well that was quite a display." Dom half smiled as he approached the car.
"How'd you get in here?" I asked as he emerged into my peripheral vision.
"I always keep a spare key Charlie." He showed me the key in his collection before putting the bundle in his lock.
"I knew I should've broken the knob." I muttered to myself quietly, stretching my legs back out straight on the concrete floor.
"Well then-." Dom began as he came to sit down on the floor beside me, "I would've just broken the window."
I rolled my eyes and looked away from him as he sat down. He attempted to brush back my hair but I pulled away from him.
"Don't touch me." I spat out slowly as I clenched my jaw, "You betrayed me."
"Charlie."
"No Dom! You're a traitor. I trusted you and you turned your back on me." I scoffed lightly as I jumped up off the floor and went over to one of the small front windows. I heard him get up slowly and walk over to where I was standing.
"Angel." He tried saying soothingly as he hovered behind me and placed both his hands on my upper arms.
"No!" I whipped around getting in his face, "I'm not your Angel. Not this time. Dom I trusted you."
"I didn't break your trust Charlie."
"Yes, you did Dom! Okay we had a deal. We were in agreement on this. I trusted you to protect me; to be there."
"You think I just went out and asked for his help!" He tried reasoning with me but I didn't care, "O'Connor came and found me alright. He's got information on Braga that we don't have."
"I don't care Dom! We can solve this ourselves without him. You hated Dom! Hated him more than I did."
"Charlie," he placed his hands on my shoulders, "I'm only doing this so we can find out what happened to Letty. After that he's gone and he ain't ever coming back again."
I shook my head a few times as I glanced towards the floor. I held a finger up as my gaze returned to his, "You wanted him dead when you found out about him and I being together. Now all of sudden you are totally okay with embracing him and trusting him."
"I never said I trusted him."
"You obviously do otherwise his ass wouldn't be here. Prison or not. Dom I know you. You'd take a lifetime in jail before trusting someone who completely sold you out and stabbed you in the back. So this guy has something on you Dom. You trust him in someway to let him be here instead of lying under ground."
"Okay fine Charlie you win alright. Yeah when it comes to Letty I know he's not lying to me. I also know he's not lying when he said that he's going to keep US." He waved his hand in a circle motion as he talked, "Out of prison."
"Now I need you to trust me and my decisions which are made for the good of our family."
"I'm sorry Dom can't. I can't trust him."
"Then F O'Connor alright. I know he hurt you and I won't let it happen again, okay? You got to trust me Charlie."
I averted my gaze to hide the rising tears that were forming within them.
"Come here." He whispered while gently putting one hand on my waist and the other on the back of my head. He guided me towards his chest and as much as I wanted to refuse his touch I didn't.
He wrapped his arms around me tight as tears streamed down my cheeks.
"I miss her so much Dom."
"I know Angel. I do too. We're going to find her. Whatever it takes."
I nodded my head a few times as I pulled myself away from him.
________________________________
The next morning we got ready for the race. We'd all be participating in it though the plan was for me to let Brian and Dom take the lead and win. I wasn't fond of the idea though.
As I tied my hair up in a ponytail I gave myself a once over in my dresser mirror. I had on black jeans and a tiger print halter top. Suddenly, I heard a knock came on my bedroom door.
"Yeah." I acknowledged while tightening my hair. Brian opened the door slowly and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes,
"What?" I huffed lightly as I put my wallet into a leather black backpack I had on my bed.
"I need to talk to you."
"It's a free a country; talk."
"Look I just wanted to say that I'm-."
"Stick the apologies Brian. I don't want to hear them. Let's just get the job done."
"I intend to but I just wanted to know that I never lied about the why I felt about you."
"Brian."
"Let me finish." He took a few steps towards me and narrowed his gaze on me.
"I didn't lie when I said I cared about you and wanted to protect you to keep you safe."
I held up a hand to his face,
"I'm not going to have this conversation with you. This isn't about us."
"I know its not."
"Then drop the subject because we're over. If it was my decision you wouldn't be here but Dom seems to see and feel differently, which you're lucky that he does."
"I know that."
"If you're going to help us find out what happened to Letty then help but spare me the apologies and reconciliations, okay. There's nothing to reconcile because I don't intend on forgiving you for anything. I just want to forget it ever happened."
"There's no chance of us being able to start over then?"
He seemed genuinely disappointed and i couldn't fathom the situation.
"No Brian." I blinked a few times in disbelief at him, "Are you really that dense or do you not think that you fucked up at all? You either help us find Brava or leave. Those are your options. I'm only tolerating this until we take him down. After that, I never want to see or hear from you again.
"Okay." He sighed reluctantly. I gazed over his face to make sure the message had been received. There was lots of emotion in his eyes. Mainly disappointment. As I turned to grab my leather jacket I could feel his eyes gazing over my back. I was well aware that my halter top revealed the Angel wing tattoos on my shoulder blades.
"Get a nice look?" I retorted as I turned around and put on my leather jacket. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and walked past him towards the door.
"You always were an Angel." I heard him mutter underneath his breath as I walked past him and into the doorway of my bedroom.
"Just not yours." I looked back at him as his eyes shot up from the ground and met mine. He winced a little at my comment. I could see the tension in jawline. My point needed to be made clear though. The only thing liars deserve to gain, in my opinion, are headstones.
________________________________
My apologies for any delays coming up. I took an unexpected trip the ER and have surgery coming up in a few weeks. I'm updating as often as possible but don't want to publish until I'm really content with the chapter and know what I'm going to right in the following ones.
What is y'all's favorite scene from the films?
Personally I loved Brians backwards driving in the second film with Rome.
-Nyx 🤍🖤