Act II - .18.

Welcome to the First Chapter of Part 2 in my story!
________________________________
Four years after everything collapsed, our lives resulted in a lot of change. Leon fled out to Vegas shortly after the incident back in Arizona said he didn't want to go down with the ship. I know Jesses death really hurt him. They were like brothers. Dom's containment didn't last long. He got busted and cuffed but he wasn't staying that way. I kept my promise. Vince, Letty, Mia and I loaded up and busted him out before he could be taken it.
We focused even more on racing to get by and keep the garage going after the hauls went south. As wanted fugitives, our best move was to bail out of the U.S permanently. We headed out to the Dominic Republic where we did some occasional racing and knocked off some fuel tankers. Not the smartest line of work to be in but we were far past doing things clean and clear. None of us had been squeaky clean. We were just born on this side and in my opinion, the system was bogus in a lot of ways. I learned that being apart of it. It never did my father any good when he was murdered. Why should I care about it now?
_____________________________________
I was preparing to go out on another race tonight. Either me or Dom raced continuously in order to bring in income. I gazed over my cropped black halter top and blue jeans. My hair didn't reach my waist anymore I cut up it to my upper back now. It was layered in tiers and hung down three inches past my shoulders. I readjusted my nose ring and put in a pair of my black Diamond stud earrings. I shifted my gaze from my mismatched eyes and onto newly place tattoos. From the tiger eyes tattoo on my forearm and the cross on my right wrist. I turned around and grabbed my denim backpack before leaving my "shared" room with Letty. I officially moved into to Letty and Doms place after the intense events that occurred. The hardest part about it was with Mia staying behind. Dom didn't want her or I to go but I wasn't budging on abandoning him. He insisted Mia and I have a normal life but I left normal a long time ago......
As I grabbed my back I see the angel wings that had been tattooed on my shoulder blades. That was the first tattoo I had gotten the last was a quote written across my wrist shin, just below my knee. It read "seja forte e corajoso" which meant Be Strong and Brave in Portuguese. Since I was half Portuguese I thought it fit well with my life and my heritage.
My phone buzzed as I walked out of the house and towards my black 68 Firebird.
"Are you ready?" I read the message from Dom that came across my screen.
"Be there in 10." I responded back swiftly.
"Make it 5." He wrote back. I smirked as I chucked my phone in the bag and floored on the gas to where the race was starting.
________________________________
I smoked the gears of everyone in the race to say the least about what happened.
"Way too show them up Angel?" Dom smiled as he pulled me into a hug. Dom started calling me that ever since I got the tattoo. I did it as a symbolism for rising up and overcoming perhaps I should have gotten a Phoenix instead.
"Just doing what I do best." I smiled as a wad of cash was laid in my hand by the host of the race.
"I'm just glad I got to be here and see you win one last time." I gave a frustrated sigh as I stuck the money in my backpack.
"Dom dont starting talking about shit like that again." I pointed a finger at him in a warning manner.
"I'm serious about it this time Charlie." I shook my head as I zipped up my bag and through it back into the passenger seat.
"Yeah like you've said a dozen times before. We all know that you aren't going anywhere and if you; we're going with you."
"Charlie." He tried soothing me by reaching out to hold my hands.
"No." I smacked his hand away from me and crossed my arms over my chest, avoiding eye contact with him.
"We'll finish this at home." He added sternly before gazing over the crowd cautiously. He was extra careful and suspicious after everything back in the states. Not that I blamed him for it.
________________________________
"Your not leaving us!" I began ranting as we pulled up to our current residence. I slammed my car door hard.
"No, need to wake the town CJ." I rolled my eyes and began to pout a little. "It's bull crap that you wanna abandon us."
"Now this to me, I don't want to do any of this. Alright, Vince and Letty have both been monitoring the news and police broadcasts...We aren't going to remain hidden for long ."
Tears started to form in my eyes as he approached me. He hovered over me for a moment or two before tilting my chin up so I'd be forced to look at him.
"I need you to be strong for me right now Angel, alright? I need you to be safe. To go back home and be safe. Look after Mia."
"Go back! Dom No-"
"Charlie you need to go back home and stay with Mia. I don't want you involved in anything else that happens here."
"I'm not going to be blocked out! If Letty and Vince stay so am I?"
"Charlie please, we are better of separated right now."
"I don't want to go to LA." I pleaded with him it was, Eventually, where we ended up before leaving to the Dominican Republic.
"Charlie, I don't ask a lot from you. So do me this one thing for me. I'm not going to have you pay for my mistakes!"
"You do ask a lot of shit from me. Im starting to get tired of it." He chuckled as I crossed my arms over my chest again. He pulled me in for a hug, laying a kiss on my temple as I wrapped my arms, tightly, around his neck.
"Do Letty and Vince know?"
"I told them. Believe me, Letty wasnt okay with idea either. She doesn't know I'm leaving tonight."
"Tonight?!"
"Shhh. Yeah, the sooner the better. I have you set to leave first thing in the morning."
"Dom I."
"Hey, look at me. Vince has orders to make sure your ass gets on that plane."
I rolled my eyes at the fact he hired me a babysitter.
"You can make this easy or hard on yourself Charlie but you're not staying here anymore. You're going back to the states. I tried to get Letty to join you but you can guess how that worked."
"You really going to leave her like this?"
"The safety of this teams has always been my first priority. When it is....people die."
I nodded slowly at his words. We all took big risks in the past and now it was time to start over.
"Mia will be there at the airport waiting for you, alright?"
I nodded again as two tears slid from my eyes and down my cheeks.
"I got to go now Charlie." I could feel my lip beginning to tremble as I stood there quietly gazing at the ground. He hugged me tighter this time and I didn't want to go. My nails dug deep into his white shirt. He picked me up and spun me around smiling warmly as he set me back on the ground, my face held in his hands. He whipped away a few tears before kissing my forehead and driving away and off into the night. I stood there crying for a few moments before I went up to bed. I saw the plane ticket lying on my side table next to the photograph I had of everyone. Me, Dom, Letty, Vince, Mia, and...Jesse. Why did things have to become so wrong? Why did they change the way they did? I just wanted my family back the way it was! I just wanted to be home again! With everyone I cared for........
________________________________
First Chapter of ACT II! Hope everyone enjoyed it! Let me know if I should keep naming my chapters or just switch to numbers. Trying to decide what better suits the story. I try to be meticulous in every detail but I could be just over thinking.
Thanks for all the reads so for!!

Note: Updates in this part will take a bit longer. I need to rewatch the later films again to get full plot details.
- Nyx 🤍🖤