Chapter 1

The Lie-la Attack

Narrator POV:
The class was learning English with Miss Boustier, who was currently explaining a piece of text they had been studying. "And this sentence would suggest that this character is feeling threatened or-" Marinette yawned widely, attracting many startled looks. Alya was trying to suppress her laughter as she asked " Girl, how are you always tired?" Marinette merely shrugged, she knew she would never be able to tell Alya the real reason she was always late and tired. No one could know her secret identity as Ladybug.

Meanwhile, Adrien was trying to be a good student and listen to the teacher's lecture, but he couldn't focus. He was exhausted. He had spent all night battling an akumatized villain with ladybug and was on the verge of passing out. His best friend Nino punched his shoulder playfully, "C'mon Dude cheer up!" Adrien gave him a faint smile. "I'm fine, just tired," Adrien replied, yawning widely. Lila was staring at him, starry-eyed. "Hey Adrien, do you want to come to my house tonight? My parents are out?" She asked in a flirty voice. Behind her, Marinette was clenching her fists in anger, turning redder and redder by the second.

Lila was leaning in, expecting a kiss, Adrien's face was contorted in disgust as he progressively leaned backwards, trying to avoid her lips. His arms shot forward, gently pushing her away from him.
"Thanks for the offer but I'm afraid that my Father doesn't really let me out much." At that exact moment, Nino and Alya walked up to him, saying "Hey Adrien, do you wanna come with us, we're gonna get ice cream, you said you were free this week?" Adrien blushed bright red as Lila seethed with rage, "You made up an excuse so that you didn't have to go out with me!?" Adrien was speechless, he didn't know what to say that wouldn't offend the girl/monster/demon spawn.

"Uuummmmm,"
Well, that was a pathetic response, very nice way to make this extra awkward, Adrien thought to himself.
"Aarrgghhh," Lila spat at him, turning away dramatically, her hair hitting him in the face as she marched out of the classroom.