Chapter 2

The Sleeping Love-Birds

Adrien was standing in the classroom, facing the door, wincing at Lila's less than pleasant reaction. Marinette was scowling in the direction of the door, she simply took a deep breath and sat back down, with a slight smile on her face. "So are we going for ice cream?" She asked no one in general. Adrien grinned at her,

"I'll be there, I have a photoshoot after school, so you guys can hang out without me for about an hour, then I'll meet you at Andre's van?"

Marinette took another deep breath before she trusted herself to speak without stuttering.
"Sure! We'll meet you there?" Adrien nodded calmly, smiling at her, she flashed a sweet smile back at him, before quickly turning around so that he wouldn't see her hyperventilating

Hey guys! I just wanted to mention that I have made Mari just a bit less stuttery in this fanfic. (Is stuttery even a word!? 😂)

  It was finally break! The bell rang, echoing around the school. There was one second of pure silence before everyone came rushing out of their classrooms.

However, Marinette was lagging behind, the dark circles under her eyes becoming more and more visible by the minute. She yawned widely, flopping onto the nearest bench and immediately falling sound asleep.

Adrien was experiencing the same symptoms, stumbling to the same bench as Marinette and falling asleep beside her.

Marinette's head dropped onto Adrien's shoulder as she slept. Alya and Nino stood over them, marvelling at the fact that they still weren't a couple. Alya grinned as she took a picture of them and frowned, her eyebrows scrunching together in concentration as she carefully drew a few hearts around their heads. She smirked as she posted it to the school chat.

Alya - OMG!! You guys, Adrienette in action!!!!!!

Rose - Aaaawwwww!!! 🥰🥰

Alix - Srsly how r they not together yet!? 😅🙄

A shrill voice echoed through the school, making the ground vibrate.

"WHAT!?" Chloe Bourgeois stormed up to them, her face red with anger. "Adrikins is MINE!" Alya smirked at her.

"I'm pretty sure that this," she gestured pointedly at the two sleeping teens, "Proves that Adrien isn't yours."

Chloe's hair was smoking as she stormed off, yelling "RIDICULOUS, UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!!"