Chapter 3

"In life we meet those who we never expected to meet

"In life we meet those who we never expected to meet. But they are brought to us in one of two forms; a lesson or a blessing."

~ Halo Connery ~

The memory of seeing Gianna's bloody and battered body haunted me all of last night. After I left the office - still terrified with fear - I tried to remember the voice, the surroundings anything. It was definitely two male men but I had no other indication on what to do based off of the conflict from last night.

After the call ended, I realized that the men had also disabled the phone. I had no chance of getting to Gianna or of getting the information she wanted me to get for the case. I had one or two options; continue to look into her case or give up completely and focus my attention elsewhere.

Who am I kidding? I'm choosing the former.

The doors pinged open at my level in Knight's Lawyers. I stepped out, twiddling the key card and keys attached to the lanyard that Henry gave me last night. I walked in to the empty office, probably because it was only five in the morning, but I haven't...couldn't sleep.

I didn't look around, not wanting to be reminded of Gianna, I walked straight to my office, unlocking my door and sliding in, closing and locking the door behind me. I turned, my back against the door bracing myself as I looked round my office.

The remainder of seeing Gianna last night came flooding back to me. I gulped, clenching my fists as I made my way over to my grey marble desk. Placing my purse down on the table, I also pressed the button on my desk which operated my windows. The shutters opened and the sun shawn in on my office.

I shrugged my beige coat off and placed it over the back of my chair. I opted for a bright outfit that day, hoping it would brighten up my spirts. I wore high waisted camel coloured trousers that snitched my petit waist in, a plain white fitted bodysuit and white sandal stilettos. I left my brown, mid-length hair down and wore a silver and gold Armani watch, and wore small stud diamond earrings, a pair I had bought when I got my first pay check. Plus, above my normal earing's I placed in another small stud.

I crossed my arms over my chest, then looked out my floor to ceiling window and scanned the already busy city below me. Too anxious to work this morning, I made my way out to the office and over to Gianna's desk.

I scanned over her desk seeing some papers, her jacket and her purse still sat by the desk. Things I never seen in the dark last night.

I used the moment to tidy away her messed up desk and took her jacket, purse and coffee mug into my office. I placed the items down on the desk then went to the staff room, pouring her left-over coffee down the drain and placing it in the dishwasher.

More nerves rose up in me, was she safe? Did they hurt her? Would she come back to work today? I had to do something, I had no choice but to do something, anything to find her and help her. There was no use in stressing myself out, until I had time to think.