Chapter 11

"Your face tells me the lies you mind hides

"Your face tells me the lies you mind hides."
~ Ace AltoBelli ~

I woke up to the soft sounds of Halo's even breathing. Since the engagement party last week, Taylor and Carter have been staying in the penthouse. Each night they both sneek down stairs to the Valdez brother's apartments and think I don't notice.

The truth is, I've noticed. But if I mention it, Halo will move back into her room and I don't think I would be able to sleep.

Since she's been staying in the room with me, I've slept better than ever before.

She still refuses to move the pillow in between us, no surprise there.

So casually, every night, once I'm convinced she's sleeping, the pillow gets tossed to the side and like a man whipped I cuddle her.

Since when the fuck do I want to cuddle?

She stirred in my arms and I knew that it was time to pick the pillow up and let her go. Every morning at five am, when I get up, I place the pillow back in the middle of the bed and head in for a cold shower. By the time I'm dressed and out Halo is usually still sleeping quietly in the bed.

"Morning Ace." Damon said through a cigarette hanging from his mouth. He stood at the balcony doors, about to light it. "Ready to be a married man." He wigged his brows at me and took a puff of this cigarette as he placed the lighter back in his pocket.

I stood beside him dressed in shorts and no t-shirt. I wanted to get a run in before the wedding. Damon held out the packet of the cigarettes for me.

Halo glares at me every time I have one. It's a habit I picked up from my mother and father, I hate that I smoke. But it's become an addiction to me.

I glanced over my shoulder, contemplating my options for a moment. "No thanks, I'm trying to cut back." I said casually, as I leant against the sliding glass doors.

"My boys whipped." He laughed taking another puff. He has a point, my entire mafia believes this marriage is legit. And to a certain degree, I probably am whipped with Halo.

If the woman told me to end the fucking world for her I would, but why?

"Have you checked that everything was ready at the venue?" I asked, looking over the still dimly lit city.

"Isaac is their with Chino and Storm is sorting out cars and shit, the plane is ready to go." He placed his cigarette down in the ash tray then turned to me. "So, no more strippers or hookers?"