Chapter 22

"Everything I ever wanted was right there

"Everything I ever wanted was right there...now everything I need has been taken from me."

~ Halo AltoBelli ~

"Are you sure you're good? They did offer you a free one-year resit of the course?" I scoffed at Carter's worry.

"They offered me one-free year to resit the course - yes. But the course was five years long, I completed it in three. I'm good, but I'm not good enough that I can learn a whole course in one year." I continued. "Plus, I'm sure once I get to working, things will come back to me."

I wasn't sure how true that was. It was more of a hope. I was praying that I would start to remember things as I read over files, or got given a case to work.

"Ok..." She said, sounding unsure. I opened up the car door, still being given orders that I wasn't allowed to drive even though my leg cast had been removed and I can pretty much walk fine. It's just sometimes I get a little pain. I had asked Carter for a ride to work.

Married or not, I just don't get Ace.

It breaks my heart, because he seems like he is a genuine guy...but, I can't remember anything about him. Nothing at all.

My priority however, isn't him. It's my career.

The doors pinged opened at my floor - supposedly - I stepped out, my whole demeanour showing confidence.

 Don't lie your making up scenario of how your day is going to pan out.

The office was empty, except for a girl at the front desk, typing away on a computer then jotting things down in a note book.

"Halogen!" The brunette gushed; standing up and frantically making her way towards me. "God, where the hell have you been?" I stepped from foot to foot, trying to gain the courage to explain myself.

Well miss lady, I've apparently been married for a few months - to a mafia leader for protection purposes apparently - and the guy he was trying to protect me from had people chase us because we killed him and we ended up in a terrible accident where the car fell of a bridge that forced me into a coma with a broken leg. Then I woke up and now I can't remember anything from about that past year. What you been up to?

Ace told me everything and to be completely honest, I don't even believe it. How can I have married him purely for a form of protection, surely he's just as if not more dangerous to be around?

Regardless, he has sworn to protect me, and help me remember things - or at least try.

He's not having much luck so far.