Chapter 18

"She's the danger I always knew, but the safety I always needed

"She's the danger I always knew, but the safety I always needed."

~ Ace AltoBelli ~

Looking up to the cream sand stone in front of me, the wide traditional brown doors, engraved with Saint Gabriel's Church.

I can't believe I'm here.

I checked the small pieces of card the priest - Father something - gave me last week when I was here with Halo. It gave me the times the confessionals where opened; something I never bothered with until now. I've never been interested in faith, church, God or religion in any form.

But it matters to Halo, so I took an interest.

I pulled the door opened fixing my suit jacket as I stepped inside. Seventy-two pews on each side leading up to the altar where completely bare. Along the right wall was a bench, where two woman and a man sat.

The thing I've learned since being with Halo is how much we judge people. We make assumptions on people the first time we see them. For example; the man that sits on the bench, his hair is curly and longer than most men have there hair, he's wearing three rings, and a chain.

In touch with his feminine side. I doubt he had any problems with his mother, seems like his father was the problem growing up. Then focusing on his hands, I called him a man. But he's a boy - a teenager. No wrinkles, not even a crease. "Your hands tell your age." That's what Halo tells me. Or told.

"Your an old man, AltoBelli." She thinks my arthritis is funny.

I haven't spoken to her in a week. She plays the part of the happily married wife when everyone is around. But as soon as we are alone, she's busy. She's still sleeping in the bedroom we have both come to share, although, we are back to having the pillow between us at night.

Needles to say, I remove it.

I walked over, planting myself down on the bench beside the two women and boy. I had no idea what to say in this thing. A box room, me on one side a priest who was really only a judge if you put it into perspective. I fucking had to google what to say when I go in there.

Say your sins. Then pray.

My sins.

I had to laugh, where do I start.

My sins are a never ending list. Torture, kills, forced marriages, adulatory, drugs, alcohol. Things I never even knew to be a sin I allowed a glorified website tell me where.