Chapter 7

"When life hands you lemons, don't make lemonade

"When life hands you lemons, don't make lemonade. Plant the seeds and grow a lemon tree. Be bigger. Be better. Be stronger."

~ Halo Connery ~

"I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and they way you read my mind. I hate you so much it make me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all."

Carter, Taylor and I sat on the sofa, wine and pizza in hand – box off tissues close by – as we watched '10 Thing I hate About You'. Carter started off with her tuff exterior like always, then her walls crashed down on her as we got further into the movie.

It's been two weeks since I signed the papers for Ace...AltoBelli, AltoBelli the mafia to leave me, Taylor and Gianna alone. Thankfully, they hadn't gotten their greedy mitts on Carter. Some days, I missed the arguing Ace and I endured every day. It sometimes made life that bit more interesting, but mostly I was just grateful to be rid of him.

I don't have freedom around Ace. My freedom was taken away from me, because I was trying to do my job, because I was trying to get justice for Dominic and help Gianna. AltoBelli is dangerous. Extremely dangerous. But for some reason, I think Ace himself is more dangerous.

He's hiding secrets, deep, dark, dangerous ones. One's that could probably destroy him, his mafia and a good chance; some public service members.

I slid forward on the sofa, yawning as I took my finished wine glass along with the empty bottle to the kitchen. "Heath Ledger was by the far the most handsome man alive." Taylor said; broken-heartedly.

"True...but have you seen the men now a days?" Carter asked; wiggling her brows.

I ignored them rinsing my glass and placing it into the sink. The odd time, Ace had crossed my mind. He was probably, drinking, smoking, sleeping around...killing. Not that I care, there was never anything between us except utter hate and disregard towards each other.

"I think I'm going to head home. I plan on spending my day cleaning the apartment out and organizing it again." I bent down picking up my purse and pulled my keys out.

"Do you want us to come over and help?" Taylor asked, a kind expression on her face. It was quickly washed away with Carter's hit to her side.