Chapter 17

"I never said I trusted you

"I never said I trusted you. I asked you to be honest."

~ Halo AltoBelli ~

"Amen." The church sang in unison as we all sat down, waiting for father George to preach. Ace sat beside me, his leg tapping uncontrollably.

This wasn't his scene.

But he was determined to come along.

"Stop shaking, you look like you have bladder issues." My aunt scolded him from the other side. Ace glared at her, stopping his shaking leg. I reached over and placed my hand over his that rested on his thigh.

"Next time I'll just bring security, ok?" I whispered, facing forward.

The only reason he is even here is because I refused to bring security with me, the choice was security or Ace. I chose the latter.

"You know what I was thinking?" He whispered back.

No, Ace. I never know what your thinking.

"Hmm?"

"I told you, that the first time we would ever fuck would be in there." He pointed over to the church sacristy.

I blushed, laughing slightly as I shook my head, keeping my eyes forward. "I guess we'll need to re-visit then." He gave me a; Please, yes look, which I couldn't help but let out another quiet laugh at.

Once church finished, we blessed ourselves just as we were leaving when father George stopped us. "Halo." He smiled, taking my hands in his. "You aunt tells me your now married?" I cast a glance to my aunt, inwardly cursing her. I felt a hand on my back, and smelt Ace's manly scent devour my lungs.

"Ace AltoBelli." He held out his hand for him to shake.

Father George shook his hand, giving him a small nod. "Very well. Allow me to bless you both." He gave us a small quick blessing, much to my aunt's happiness.

"Thank you father." My aunt said, looping her arm through mines.

Ace stayed back for a second speaking with father George whilst my aunt and I walked to the car outside. "You know I've missed this." She said as we took the steps down towards Ace's Audi RS7. Chino, Storm, Isaac and Damon all sat in SUV's in front and behind Ace's car, keeping watch.

"Church?" I glanced over my shoulder looking back for Ace. I wondered what he was talking to Father George about?

"Not just church. You and I. We never spend time together anymore, ever since you started studying law, then you went off and moved further into the city, then you got married." She sighed. "I miss the days we would wake up at six am and go strawberry picking and paint together, or visit food banks, homeless shelters, take gifts to the orphanage. I miss those days honey."