Chapter 3

Damian's POV

"Can I just say- holy shit! There is really a boy in the woods! I can't believe it! He even spoke! Granted, it was broken Japanese, but still! He spoke a little Japanese! We need to tell people. We need to tell as man-"

"Stop," I said firmly, interrupting the girl in her tirade. "No one can know about this. We can say for sure that the police would go after him to get him to a foster home. He seems perfectly fine with staying in the forest. Leave it at that."

The girl pouted, but went silent in submission. "I don't think I've told you, but my name is Elizabeth," she said with her head turned away. I smiled.

"And I am Damian, the better brother," I said.

She smiled. "I can tell. Your brother has that dark, playboy aura around him. You seem like a much more gentle person." She got up and started walking toward the entrance to the forest. I got up and followed. "I guess it kinda makes sense that he spoke Japanese. The creepy Master guy was Japanese. Jeez, I feel like I'm in an anime or something. Neko boys and sexy mysterious twins." She shook her head.

I started walking a bit faster than her. "We're not twins, he's my stepbrother. Also, why do people think the boy is a myth or legend if this Japanese guy, Master or whatever, used to hang out with him?" I pushed aside some leaves before spotting the edge of forest, the school in view.

"Um," she started off by saying, "I guess Master was just really creepy and people thought he was crazy when he talked about the boy at the bar and stuff. He's really what started the whole controversy of 'the animal boy in the woods' thing." We walked out the woods and headed straight for the school.

I let what she said sink in. Where could the boy have come from? How did he have ears and a tail? Even werewolves can't stay between forms like that. Just thinking about the boy gave me a headache. He was insanely beautiful. And he smelled so good, like earth and sweat and something so distinct that I couldn't even describe it.

"Liz! Hey Liz!"

I looked toward the voice to see that we were standing at the doors of the school. A pale guy with blonde hair standing down the breezeway was waving at Elizabeth, who was standing next to me, practically leaning on me. She looked toward him and grinned at him.

"Hey Alex. Guess what?! We just saw the boy in the woods! He looks sooo pretty and would totally be the uke-"

"Stop! Don't finish that sentence! I told you I don't want to hear about your weird, kinky, cartoon fetishes!" Alex said. He stopped in front of us before realizing I was standing next to Elizabeth.

He held out his hand. "Hey, I'm Alex. Nice to meet you. Which twin are you?" He asked with a smile. I gripped his hand and shook it.

"Damian, not a twin but a stepbrother. Nice to meet you," I responded. He visibly shivered, eyelids fluttering.

"Oh. Wow. Your voice is as sexy as they say," he says with a smile. I gave him a weird look before my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I took it out and looked to see Galen was calling. I sighed before tapping 'answer'.

"Hello?"

"Damian! Where are you?! It's lunch and I'm bored as hell!" He immediately shot out.

"Um, I just came from the woods. Remember that boy I was talking about? Well, he's real and I think he may be my mate-"

"Psh. Yeah right. Remember when I suggested that I found my mate but you were extremely rude to her when you met her? Yeah. I'm not falling for your trick." He responded.

Anger welled in me at his blasé tone of voice. "Well, the girl was a whore, Galen. She had a fucking tube top on with a miniskirt and you were attracted to her because she had breasts and she paid attention to you. That's it. You brought her to meet our family and she dressed like that? That was so disrespectful. Not to mention the fact that she moved on pretty quickly once she realized you weren't going to spend pack money on everything she wanted. So forgive me if I didn't believe you when you said she was your one true love," I snapped at him. He didn't respond for a long moment.

"Then why don't you bring this fucking ghost story to meet the family and we'll see about that," he said before hanging up.

I rolled my eyes and looked to see that Elizabeth and Alex were gone. Whatever. I'm just going to get my stuff for the day and go home. I've had enough today and I need to think of some kind of way to get the boy in the woods to meet my brother. I could already tell from the small moment of time I had with him that it will be very difficult. I walked through the school and met up with every teacher I had for the day to get my homework and class work. I put all my work in my bag before sending a text to Galen, telling him that I'm walking home and that I left thekeys in the wheel well of the car. I took my time walking, deep in thought.

As I walked down the road, I could suddenly feel the boy's eyes on me. I could hear his little heart beat and the shifting of his body as he tried to follow me as quiet as possible. It filled me with warmth that he was curious about me. I looked out the corner of my eyes to peer into the forest, huffing out a laugh when  I could vaguely see his figure jumping from branch to branch with his head turned to me as he tried to look. I unwillingly smiled as I heard his excited heartbeat. Just for fun, I immediately came to a halt to see what would happen. The boy was apparently startled and fell from a branch with a squeal. A laugh rose from me without meaning to.

I dropped my bag by a tree and slowly walked into the shrubbery. The boy was still rolling around, trying to brush off the pine needles. I walked closer until I was only about ten feet away, hidden behind a tree. He finally got all the needles off before jumping up into his strange Tarzan-like position. He looked around some trees, seeming to look for me at the road, before realizing that the forest was still and someone was staring at him. He went very still, before jerking his head to look in my direction. I whipped back around behind the tree and fell on my bottom, trying to get as small as possible.

I stayed as quiet as possible, my legs spread a bit, laid flat against the roots of the tree. My back was flat against the tree trunk and my head is tilted up, eyes screwed shut. As if that would make me more invisible. I listened to the boy shift around behind the tree a bit before it went quiet. I waited a few minutes before slowly opening my eyes.

Only to see a pair of bright green eyes directly in front of my face.