Chapter 2

Damian's POV

"I don't see why we need to go to school. I mean, it's obvious were already capable enough of being Alphas. As Alphas, why would we need to know what a gerund is or how to do a system of equations? It's complete bullshit. I'm getting really tired of the Elders bossing us around like-"

I snapped my head to glare at Galen as he was about to insult the Elders. He shut his mouth quickly and looked away. It's very stupid and childish to insult the Elders and he knows it. "It's not just about learning, it's about the experience. Plus, I'm actually excited. I wanna hear some more about the ghost boy," I said to him with a small smile on my face. He rolled his eyes at the mention of ghost boy again.

"How can you really believe that? It's probably just some animal out in the woods or a boy that just plays in the forest. Doesn't sound very special to me," he said. I just shook my head. He never took an interest in anything.

We were currently pulling up the school we were suppose to go to, Wayland High School. Home of the Bobcats hockey team. It's quite large with two stories. The grass was a fading green, almost tinted brown. Students were all rushing to get into school, seeing as school had already started. We're only late because Galen said being "fashionably late" was cool. I found a parking space near a tree by the front lawn and parked. Galen jumped out of the car the moment I parked and went around the back. I got out and opened the back with the key. We got our bags and paperwork and headed toward the school.

As we entered, the kids who were scrambling to get their school books out of their lockers stopped and stared. We walked by, as if too cool, and headed for the office. A black-haired female student was sitting at the desk and was typing on the computer. It's probably a student chore kind of thing. Galen wandered to the other side of the office and looked at the pamphlets that were on display, probably another effect to look cool, while I went for the girl at the desk. She looked up as I approached.

"New students! Wow! We don't get a lot of those around here. Name?" She asked in a rush with a giant smile on her face. I smiled a small smile in return.

"Um, Damian Moriarty." I said. She nodded and started typing and clicking on the keyboard. "My stepbrother is Galen Moriarty," I added on while nodding my head to where he stood. She nodded again without taking her eyes off the computer. She stood up and walked to the printer as it shot papers out. She brought the papers over and I saw she had a name tag on the read "Lena". She handed the papers out and I took them. "Thanks, Lena," I told her with a smile. He cheeks stained red with blush she nodded and went back to the computer.

1st Period- World History
2nd Period- English
3rd Period- Statistics
4th Period- Chemistry
5th Period- Study Hall
6th Period- P. E.

Not too bad of a schedule for senior year.

I walked over to Galen and handed him his schedule. "Same schedules, huh?" He asked sarcastically, before looking up to meet my eyes. I nodded and he scoffed. We walked out the office to go to our first class, which was World History. We walked through the halls until we came upon the room that held the class. We exchanged troubled looks when we realized we'd have to introduce ourselves. It would probably go like this: 'Well, class, here are new students. Please introduce yourselves and give us three hobbies which you enjoy'. Because that's how it always is on television. We knocked on the door and waited patiently.

Immediately after we knocked, a loud "Come in!" came from inside. Galen, being the one to make an entrance, swung the door opened and swaggered through the doorway as if a popstar. Idiot. I followed behind, walking like a regular person, and closed the door behind me. I looked around to see about 20 or so students staring at us. The clearing of a throat sounded across the room and I looked to see a fairly young man staring expectantly at us. Clearly, he was the teacher.