Chapter 9

Damian's POV

This isn't fair
This nightmare~

I groggily blinked my eyes open, squinting against the light of the lamp next to my bed that I must've left on last night. I brought my arms up and rubbed my eyes, wiping the gunk that accumulated while I slept. A sigh escaped me as I realized that I once again will have to get out of bed at some point.

I flung my hand out toward the table that sits next to my bed, hand fumbling around atop it to find my phone without looking. I found the cord that I plugged it to to charge it and dragged my phone towards me. My fingers automatically found the home button and I pushed it, only to see that it's five in the morning. Why am I awake this early? It's way too early to even be alive right now. I dropped my phone back onto the table and rolled over onto my stomach. I pushed my face into the white pillow under me and groaned.

I stopped just as quickly as I started as a thought popped into my head. Something must've woken me up. Just as the thought crossed my mind, I heard the distinct sound of a piano playing. Who the fuck is playing a piano this early? I dug my face deeper in my pillow and listened closely. A voice was singing lyrics gently along to the lyrics.

This kind of torture
I just can't bear~

A voice I recognized, it seems. I got up out of bed, swinging my legs out of the tangled covers and stood. I pushed my hand through my hair as I walked toward the door. I swung the door open quietly and started to the direction of the stairs. I leant on the rail that descended with the stairs, as its too early and I'm still dead inside and can't support myself, and headed toward the sun room that contained the piano. The voice was obviously Galen's, but why he would be singing such a depressing song is a wonder to me. He either had a nightmare, read a depressing manga, or watched a sad anime. Who knows?

I want you here
I want you here~
Ooh... ooh...

I descended the stairs quietly, not wanting to make any noise that would disturb my brother's depressing as shit music. I followed the sound to the sun room and saw exactly who I heard. Galen. The anguished look on his face narrowed the options down for me. A nightmare is no longer an option. It's either a book, manga, or anime. Those are the only things that could put such a look on his face. I sighed, and internally debated whether I should go in or not. By the gods, I hope it's not an anime that made him this way. He'll be depressed for days.

He stopped and looked up when I entered. He had a pained face and his face was wet with tears. He still looked adorable. I was chanting in my head during this teeny moment between us. Please not an anime, please not an anime, please not an anime-

"Damian. I was up all night because I found this anime-"

Called it.

"And it was horrible. It was happy one moment, but then she just-" he cut off by looking away from me and sniffling so hard that he made a wet snorting sound. Ew. "Don't ever watch Your Lie in April. I know I never will again." Wow. This is awkward. I walked up to him and patted him on the shoulder. I shouldn't judge. I watch Doctor Who, after all.

"It's okay, Galen. I'm sorry you feel this way, but please do keep in mind that we have school today. And then we can see Yuki afterwards," I said softly into his ear. He shivered before nodding and turning away with red ears. Anime forgotten.

"Um... Damian?" He mumbled with his head still turned away. Confused, I made a questioning sound. "Do you... Um... Well... Do you feel it?"

He still wouldn't look at me. I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Feel what?"