Chapter 18

I got in trouble for one of my images in this story because it was inappropriate. So I posted the most inappropriate picture on my iPad to this chapter. Terrible, isn't it?

Galen's POV

A bang on the doorway is what wakes me from my deep sleep. I jerk up, dislodging the weight from my chest and knocking it off the bed. A groan from Damian lets me know that it was him who I threw.

"It's a glorious morning, is it not? Birds are shining, the sun is singing, and it's time to get the fuck up so we can go rip up some assholes, and not in the good way." Charlie sings and dances into the room, seemingly unbothered by the lack of dress of the two occupants on the bed and one on the floor. I groan and bury my head into the pillow next to me, which is actually Yuki. He giggles and pats my head before shifting into his lynx form and jumping at Charlie, who catches him and cuddles him.

My pillow is ripped from my face and then smacked into my face as I splutter. I catch it and throw it away from Damian, who is glaring at me. "Asshole!"

I shrug, unrepentant, before throwing myself from the bed to my chest of drawers to put some clothes on. Luckily after our... activities, we had the sense to take a shower before passing out. I slip on my shirt as Damian questions Charlie about the goings-on in the packhouse as we'd been busy.

"Well, in the last six days—"

"Six?!" Damian and I shout simultaneously as we finish dressing. I incredulously turn to Charlie, who looks like an old painting as he pets the exotic cat in his arms. He stops and glares at our interruption, before resuming his petting when Yuki meows.

"Hm. As I was saying before the interruption", he throws in another glare, "everybody within in a mile knows what you were up to, so we had to listen to that shit for five whole days. Thankfully you all slept through the sixth day and we were able to train without listening to the fucking moaning. Like the walls are soundproofed, I don't even want to know what exactly you were getting up to in here to get past that.

"Anyways, we trained for the last week or so, went over some strats, oh, and the scouts found the base that the hunters are using. Apparently, Jeremiah knew some of them and knew where to place the scouts to find the hunters quickly. All they've been doing at their camp is put together traps, be intimidating with their big guns, yada yada yada. Any questions?"

Damian speaks up. "When are we striking?"

Charlie hums. "Knowing Jeremiah, he'll wanna hit first. He prefers offense over defense. So, soon probably. I dunno the details so we can crash the meeting going on right now," he says before walking out the room with Yuki.

I sigh at his existence before following him to Dad's office and to the meeting room. We enter, ignoring the looks some shot us, Maxine's included.

"Have fun?" She asks innocently, which isn't innocent at all. I stick my middle finger up at her and sit next to Damian, who touches his hand to mine so we clasp them for brief moment before turning our attention to the meeting.

"Well, since you three were busy, I'll bring you up to date with what's been hap—"

"Beat you to it!" Charlie interrupts with a smile. Jeremiah sighs and gives him a droll look. "Well, except the whole plan part. That was boring, so I didn't bother."

"Okay, so we plan on hitting first—"

"Ha! I was right!"

"Shut up!" Jeremiah snaps. Charlie puts his hands up in surrender before miming a zipper with his mouth. "They have traps, so after about three days of fight training, we switched to maneuvering around fake traps in your wolf forms. You both have probably been trained since birth to fight, so you're good, right?" At our nods, he continues. "I've been putting off the attack since you were both occupied, but we're striking as soon as possible. That's tomorrow morning. Early tomorrow morning. And you're leading it. Yuki will stay behind—"