03. emerald palace

"My Lady..." Veikki muttered when she saw that the people who attended to see you off were only the maids, knights, and other staff the original (Y/n) was close with—none of (Y/n) (L/n)'s family members came. 

You understood that the relationship with the original owner of the body you were currently in and her family wasn't all that well simply because (Y/n) (L/n) was born as the second daughter ( basically the worst standing in the family ), but not even coming to see you off? You were heading for the palace—as a maid, but still—and they, of all people, should know that was both dangerous and a privilege.

Ah, if only you could be free once again.

And with that thought, your mind drifted back to the man you spent the night with.

When you woke up in the morning, he was gone. You must have slept deeply because of both the alcohol and the fatigue, since you definitely would have woken up when he left—but you didn't. He didn't leave anything ( save for the numerous marks he left on your body ) that you could use to track him, and you didn't really have any plans to. 

You were headed to the palace, after all! Searching for your one night stand wouldn't fit in your schedule as a palace maid.

"It's alright, it's okay, Veikki." you told her. She was surprisingly loyal to you, not to your family. Considering the absolutely displeased expression she had on her face, you wondered how she would hold up in that household with you gone—if you could take her with you, oh, you definitely would have! 

"But My Lady, you're to be sent to the palace for an indefinite amount of time..." another maid, Zanari, spoke up. "Is it not too far that the Lord, the Young Lord, and the Lady did not come to see My Lady off?"

"Okay, let's be honest. None of us really expected them to come for this. We already knew they wouldn't." you shook your head. Her family are such dickheadsI'm glad I'm leaving just a day after spending time there. Did I even encounter them during my stay? I got into an accident and they didn't visit! They just sent a doctorand that was probably for formality!

"My Lady...!" Veikki kept on crying. You had gotten attached to her the most, seeing as you gossiped with her, and she even covered for you when you went missing in the middle of the night because you were too busy with your one night stand! "Please return quickly! Return quickly to us alive...!"

"Yes, yes, I will...I was drafted to the Emerald Palace, so I doubt I'd make huge trouble that could endanger my life." you assured them. "I'll miss you all as well."

The Emerald Palace, according to what you have heard, was abandoned. You questioned why you were being sent there if nobody's using it, and you found out that it was for maintenance. It was a good start for a noble lady and was the safest, as you couldn't possibly create trouble for anyone if nobody even lives there.