05. liar, liar

You would love to focus on the fact that it was Felix Robane leading you to where the Emperor is and agree with everything Via and Julia said about him had it not been your death he was guiding you to. 

A normal employer definitely doesn't have to meet a maidjust one maid, at thatsimply because of an employee switch! He definitely recognized me. you sighed silently to yourself. Why is he calling for me? Does he want to make sure I keep it a secret? I was going to do just that even if he didn't call me...

Is it because I might've gotten pregnant or something? Does he not want any successors or something? Does he...want to end the Obelian family line?! a bunch of thoughts—ranging from logical to downright ridiculous—flooded your head with each step you took towards your death.

What was this man even thinking, announcing that he wanted to see you without bothering to covering it up? You would have come to him regardless ( though it was for the sake of keeping your head attached to your body ) even if he relayed it to you through Felix—anything would have been better than letting Sasha say it in front of Via and Julia, who were absolute chatterboxes!

Rumors, misunderstandings that shouldn't be considered a misunderstanding since he already hit me up...My already dead reputation, bye-bye...

"Your Majesty, I have brought Lady (Y/n)."

You perked up when you heard the term Felix called you by. Even as a maid, he still calls me like that, huh? Nice...! Respect!

That wasn't the correct time to think about that, though, since the door separating you from the man you wanted to hide from opened up, and now you were even walking to him. Claude, your one night stand, sat on his throne.

The Emperor who went undercover, the Emperor who you disrespected, basically seduced, and fucked.

Though since he hadn't even had a single drop of alcohol that night, that means he was sober, right? That was a decision he made in his right-mind, right? He was the one who offered to help you out with your primary intention, too!

It wasn't just your fault, right? 

You had thoughts like that, but you still walked over to him with your head dipped low.

"Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire." you greeted. You honestly didn't want to speak, but that would make you look disrespectful. 

"Felix."