★ 10. change out

You never understood the fashion trends in this world, but what you do know is that the different variations of robes that Claude wore was not one to wear on official meetings.

So if you, a person who hasn't been on this world for a year, understood that much, why couldn't he?!

"But it's a formal council meeting with foreign countries?" you placed the formal attire you had in your arms on the bed. "Wearing that is okay? Are you sure?"

It's not like you had the right to force him to change. You didn't know shit about politics, but he does—and you doubt he'd do something so obviously reckless.

"Of course it's not."

This bitch. your brows twitched. If you know that, then why are you still wearing the robes an hour before the meeting?!

"Then change? Like, as soon as possible? It's not like I'm rushing you or anything, but can you do it quickly?" you picked up the clothing on his bed and went to hand it over to him. "You being late wouldn't possibly be the cause of a war, right?"

He eyed you weirdly.

Okay, rude.

But why is he staring?? I get that I'm eye candy, but... you just pretended to be busy by smoothening his bed when a thought came to mind. Oh, right! Personal maid=helps when changing.

So you stopped being busy fakely and headed behind him to get easier access to removing his robe. But when you reached out to slide his clothes off, your hand was being held by his.

Surprised and confused, you could only look at him. "... Was this not what you wanted me to do...?"

He doesn't have much employees, is he the type to prefer doing things by himself? That does seem like him.

But if that's the case, why were you planning to melt me with that stare earlier? Claude has now mastered the art of confusing you. In any case, I should apologize.

You lowered your head so that you could bow.

Oh, is that a wrinkle in his clothes? It's uneven...

"I'm sorry for—Wait." you raised your head with widened eyes.

Waving his hand off yours, you pointed at him. "Why are you hard right now?!"

"What other reaction did you expect when you tried to remove my clothes?" he answered. "Is this not what you wanted?"

"That's why you're turned on? I wanted to help you!"

"A different sort of 'help' is—"

"Haha, all of a sudden, I'm not a kind person." you laughed it off.

"Don't talk over me." his tone lowered, and you immediately shut your mouth. "If you're just gonna run your mouth uselessly, leave."

You were going to follow his words, but then a thought came to mind. A thought you were shamed to have.

You stopped in your steps towards the door, and slowly looked back to look at the male.

You looked away and took a deep breath for confidence.

"You have around forty five minutes until the meeting..." your voice was barely above a whisper, but it could be heard between the two of you.